. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,
    lately i have been doing a lot of repetitive stuff plus i need also for sanding, so i decided its time to make some specific vacuum fixtures plus 1 more universal.

So i decided to use the second compressor i have. Bought programmable digital vacuum pressure switch, its on the way. Will fit that near the CNC or on it to avoid vibration from the compressor, it outputs 5v on off signal, so its easy to wire it to input pin. Then will switch the compressor via some relay on the BOB

Mean while i looked at all the design solutions all over the net. Some were very interesting.

I will start making 2 specific fixtures to hold down 200mm OD circle pieces of wood. Here i will use thicker gasket, to compensate if the wood is not perfectly straight.
    Now another thing to have in mind is that when i finish the big machine i am building, then i would like to make much more fixtures, so i would like to stick with one size.

While i have it almost all clear, there still remains a question.

What size tubing? Having in mind i will use always compressor directly. No shop vacs , ventury, no pumps or whatever. I am thinking of something minimalist like say 4mmx2.5mm. M6 at the other side.

-Am i right that the smaller the tubing the faster the vacuum will be achieved? And that small is good for my specific case?
    -Also i will most possibly do it 2x 6-8mm aluminum that will sandwich 10-12mm plastic. So not a lot of space for connectors in the plastic

Below is a table for quick hose connectors. Left is the tube, right is the fixtrure side thread.

For those interested here is the piece that is needed at the compressor side . Note that its not like the one i bought so it does NOT have 5V TTL output i believe. Though is the cheapest best buy at 40euro shipped.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/180987591897?...84.m1423.l2649

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pneumatick quick push fitting sizes.PNG 
Views:	3356 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	14347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.JPG 
Views:	3392 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	14348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.JPG 
Views:	3348 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	14350  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thread Information