. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I built my router in 2006 and have run it hard since. Built from 1/2 ply, I used torsion box construction so my rails are well supported. I have very few problems with the machine warping. Skate rail x and y. And v bearing on the z. Skate rails work great! Just be sure to get sealed bearings, not shielded. Over the years shielded will get crammed up with dust. I have had it to as much as 250 in/min but best cutting is at 30-40 in/min si I keep the rapid at about 150. Cuts about anything including AL at slow speeds and light cuts using woodworking carbide bits. The v bearings seem to work great on the Z.
    Skate bearing and ply works great for me in a router and true linear bearings are just a waste of money.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Beone View Post
    Skate bearing and ply works great for me in a router and true linear bearings are just a waste of money. Dave
    You are correct there, true linear bearings would be just a waste of money on a ply machine.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Yep, ply and skate bearing and yet in spit of that I maintain accuracy of better than .005 inches.
    Dave

@Beone. It would be great if you could do these tests and add your results to the end of that thread. If you read the posts it says how to perform the test.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7155-...ight=stiffness
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 13-01-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information