Hi all

What to say, what to say (to skip the babbling you may want to skip to paragraph 6 :)) ........

I have just got into the world of cnc and have little experience.

I picked up a cheap (well cheap for this field) 6040 yoocnc knockoff from ebay. I thought this machine would be a means to an end but unfortunately I have been sucked into the cnc world which I am loving.

I am planning to get some new gear to upgrade my 6040 as it's not very accurate and misses steps etc. I rewired the externals with shielded wire, re-installed windows as a standard pc and removed unnecessary services, this has helped...just not enough.
I will mostly be working with hard woods such as mahogany and maybe even kamagong along with brass and aluminium in mach3.

The upgrades will be as follows:
1. Purelogic PLCM-E4 bob/motion controller (to remove my crappy parallel port from the equation)
2. 3x leadshine em806 drivers
3. 3x nema 23 3.1nm steppers.
4. Power supply (and here comes the question!)

I've done the workings for the power supply so I won't bore you with that unless asked for. I need a 57-63v (based on mH +/- 20%) 8.4amp linear power supply.

Seems like a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway.

Q1. Does the power supply need to have 3 sets of V+ and V- terminal or can they all be run from 1x V+ & 1x V- terminal?

Q2. If they can be run from 1 terminal, does that mean that the 60v will be shared between the 3 drives?

Q3. If each drive needs it's own terminals, will a PSU rated at 60w & 10A. deliver 60w & 10A to each V+ terminal?

Any suitable PSU links would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Mark