. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    threaded bar just for the build and to check motion etc but i do want to use something more accurate and robust
    Sorry welcome to the forum and don't worry about the banter we all mean well. What are you wanting to cut with your machine as threaded bar won't cut much with any accuracy.
    ..Clive
    Last edited by Clive S; 15-01-2015 at 04:47 PM.

lol, im finding it amusing :) i guess everyone has there opinions and preferable ways, basically im just gonna be cutting shapes out of 18mm thick pine to build my birdhouses with. taking me far to long on the scroll saw so i thought id have a bash at this, initial frame prototype at the moment is wooden but once ive got tht to how i want it ill get it made in steel, easy to keep changing the wood than metal :)

Quote Originally Posted by universally View Post
    lol, im finding it amusing :) i guess everyone has there opinions and preferable ways, basically im just gonna be cutting shapes out of 18mm thick pine to build my birdhouses with. taking me far to long on the scroll saw so i thought id have a bash at this, initial frame prototype at the moment is wooden but once ive got tht to how i want it ill get it made in steel, easy to keep changing the wood than metal :)
    Do you have in mind a realistic budget? As if you are going to make it in steel eventually it would make sense to buy stuff that can be used again instead of buying twice. ..Clive

im trying to stay under a grand inc software, i dont have much spare cash so i buy as i go along. will upgrade the machine as i progress aswell. my first goal is to get it built, wich is nearly complete, just motors to put on when i buy them, but only aiming to get it to a working (loosly worded) stage and then progress to accuracy and sturdyness after i know its nothing great but its how i felt comfy starting with the idea

Quote Originally Posted by universally View Post
    Unless you really want to go the cnc route, you would be better with a small table saw and some forstner cutters. e.g. http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...rstner-bit-set
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information