. .

Thread: Blast Gates

I will be installing a dust extraction system using blast gates to select the machine being extracted.

I have seen pictures of them mounted in both horizontal and vertical runs of pipework, is either any better than the other?

Also should I set them up so that the gates slide horizontally or vertically?

Thanks in advance again

I don't think it matters if they are vertical or horizontal, but for the ones you have, it's best to find a position such that crap does not clog up the slots that the gate slides in. Also I find that metal ones are far easier to operate than plastic ones and less likely to go stiff if dirt gets in beside the sliding gate.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 16-01-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Yet again, Thanks

As above... I usually just place them where convenient for the particular machine.... always use metal... I am actually doing a load in a workshop this week having just installed a 1150 mm wide sanding machine

To keep the pipe runs short I have had to place a blast gate up at roof level, I just use a brush shank with a cup hook on the end to open and close it.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information