. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all, some updates, most of my free time these past months I spent on cosmetics, reassembling, cable management etc and putting the enclosure since I moved to a new room which is dedicated for this machine.

here is a photo of the machine and some acrylic cuts which were the first actual project which I made for a friend of mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3279.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	18247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3315.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	18248

Today I tried to face an aluminum plate ( looks funny I know, all I have at the moment hehe ) which I intend on using as a fixture for metal works. this is 6000RPM and 2 flute 1/2 cutter with 1200mm/min feed , based on sound please let me know your opinion and if you have recommended settings, I tried a fly cutter before and the results werent as smooth as this endmill. does mach3 have a wizard to generate facing operation G-code, would save me time instead of manually entering G1 commands hehe while holding the camera

All in all I'm satisfied and feel fortunate to have learned what I needed to accomplish this, but I wish if I could go back in time and design a better machine with automatic tool changing. wish I had formal education in mechanical engineering and machining so I could achieve better accuracy in the design,machining parts and assembly. but alas I guess that could be a future project.
    Last edited by Noplace; 20-04-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Thread Information