. .
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    If the steel box section is 5mm thick or so then you can drill and tap it and bolt the rails directly. You can optionally place a strip of steel inside the section clamped to the underside of the top surface and drill and tap through both to get better thread engagement.
    Be aware that your rails will only be as flat and planar as the top surface of the box section so read up on epoxy mounting or shimming methods to get the best DIY result.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

2. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the great info, I would like to try epoxy but I have no experience and I'm afraid it just might be messy and don't think local workshops here have experience in doing it. would shimming be more approachable and any guides on that?

on a different topic I got my VFD (spindle still in the way) and would appreciate if you could confirm wiring:

this is a FC300-2.2KW

So L and N are input obviously, PE is ground, PB P+ are braking resistor connection.

first do I connect PE to both spindle and input ground or just input ground? I'm assuming spindle comes with 4 inputs so 3 of them would be the U V W and last one is earth, is that correct?

second, I have this board called C6 http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/prod...products_id=58 which is supposed to control the speed and on and off/dir from the software(mach3) once I connect it to my BOB.

would you be kind to confirm the connections between the board and the VFD? the only one I figured is analog output to AVI.

the board has separate ground for the analog and digital, should they be both connected to the COM inputs in the VFD? and there are two COMs which is confusing me further.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1289.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	15196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1294.jpg 
Views:	1596 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	15197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTB1PMeTHFXXXXbyXpXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg 
Views:	1883 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	15198  

Generally you will need the C41 board not the C6 for spindle control. why did you do that?

c41
    Inputs a PWM and outputs an analog 0-10VDC.

C6
    Inputs a frequency (step) and outputs an analog 0-10VDC.

Read the manuals how to connect them:
    http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C6R6%20and%20Huanyang.pdf

as an answer to your question from the manual:
    Make sure the grounds of the analog circuit are keep
    isolated from the logic (+5vdc). Use a multimeter to confirm there is no
    continuity between the two grounds before applying power.

Dont be in a rush.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I'll be using the C6 with C35 from same site, I checked with their support and they confirmed that they work together so I assume it would work and mach3 could output the required frequency(step) signal, did I miss something? please enlighten me :D

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    I'll be using the C6 with C35 from same site, I checked with their support and they confirmed that they work together so I assume it would work and mach3 could output the required frequency(step) signal, did I miss something? please enlighten me :D

Yes they will work fine. The difference is that with a Step based spindle control you use or lose an Axis output. With PWM then you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Read the manuals how to connect them:
    http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C6R6%20and%20Huanyang.pdf
    This NOT a Huanyang Vfd.!! The setup is similar but the connection terminals are different names and it's not wise to presume just because they are similair labeled they actual do the same as Huanyang or any other Vfd.

Also looking at the table for VFD you provided the Analog and Digital input Logic (which is 24V not 5v) share the Same ground so maybe can't use this board.? Check with a meter to be sure but normally Analog as it's own isolated common.!

Edit: Also the Spindle 99.9% probably won't have a Ground wire. It may have 4 connections but one won't be used. Again use meter to find one that isn't which is often pin4 (look close they will have numbers)
    Regards using the PE: Then take the cable shielding at the VFd end back to PE connection. Leave spindle end shield unconnected.

Some people use the 4th connection in spindle to Ground the spindle but I find it's not required if machine frame is grounded.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-04-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Hi, it was early in the morning so did not have time to write much. Like Dean said, the board will work but you loose axis.
    I have no faith of China so i do the same, check all with meter. Especially the ground.

I always use contact from the VFD on the Estop chain so all stops if motor digs in material and VFD trips or if there is a trip for any other reason.Seems Y1B and Y1C in your case, check manual further.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Here is the full manual for the VFD:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...UlV&authuser=0

if anyone has time I would appreciate you checking it.

from what I understand:

there are function pins (X1-X8) that can be programmed for multiple functions but default is shown in the diagram showing:
    X1 - forwrad start
    X2 - reverse start
    X3 - stop

so if I can get the right way to hook into these I think it will work.

but also in the manual it states we have to change some default settings to allow controlling start/stop and frequency from outside.

but what I don't understand in general is the need for relays, maybe someone with electronics experience can explain it, isn't it possible to just hook the pins coming from BOB to the inverter input ? unless the relays give a higher voltage?

I understand how relays work (a bit lol) but was wondering how they are functioning in the C6 ( are they outputting 12v being controlled by 5v) ?

anyways thanks for reading and hope someone is bored enough to open the manual and read through! haha

Ok well the need for a relay is to act as the switch.
    The vfd will provide 24V source which you take to which ever input you want to use. The relay acts as a switch and keeps the digital input using the same potential as the source.
    If you use an external voltage it won't be at the same potential.!!!!! . . . . Hey what the hell is the Potential he's asking him self.?

Basicly it's ground and all it means is the digital input needs to use the same ground as the source voltage. (Or often other way around and Digital input provides 24V which returns to Com ground)
    Either way there must be a path back to ground for the cicuit to be made.

Relays: Well from your statement then I don't think you do fully understand how a relay works.? A relay is just a electro mechanical switch and doesn't output any voltage.
    The coils of the relay are controlled by voltage you or the device controling the relay apply. The Contacts of the relay are the switches which open or close depending on type. NC or NO.

In the case of the C6 board the Coils are controlled thru the BOB using "M" commands in g-code. The contacts you just use to make or break a circuit.
    IE: M3 would turn on the relay coils closing the NO contact which you run the wire from 24V source on VFD thru one side of contact and back out the other to Digital input on VFD.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-04-2015 at 08:03 AM.

thanks that's a good explanation, I had a vague idea of relays but forgot since its been a long time I read about them.

still I'm not 100% clear on it. the relay will be my switch to turn on/off connection between VFD ports. relay has 3 pins : NC/NO/VLIN
    -connect 24v to VLIN ?
    -connect X1 to NC ?

or

-connect COMM to VLIN
    -connect X1 TO NO

or

-connect 24v,comm,X1 to NC,NO,VLIN

sorry for sounding stupid but I need to be sure and understand correctly.

Vendor sent me this to assist also, seems the frequency control is DC so not sure if I can use my board :(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTB15QjQHFXXXXb7XFXXq6xXFXXXC.jpg 
Views:	1650 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	15224  

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information