. .
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    When the steel is in something without oxygen there is no problem rusting. Otherwise all the bridges will fall down.

As for the cracks cement for table tops or for workshop floors, it has additives, polymers, not to change size or crack
    I see epoxy granite is mentioned a lot also online, what do you think of it? also do you have an example of a cement product for table tops/workshop floors so that I can check locally whats available?

EDIT: also what about UHPC, I highly prefer something that would be permanent instead of grain/sand structure that's why I'm asking about these options instead. thanks!
    Last edited by Noplace; 07-02-2016 at 12:28 PM.

When the steel is in something without oxygen there is no problem rusting. Otherwise all the bridges will fall down.
    Yes but the steel in bridges is normally reinforcing and therefore encased in concrete so no air can get to it, if done properly that is! Here we're talking about encasing concrete with steel, there's got to be a hole in to pour the concrete (and for air to escape) and therefore there's a way for air to get in. Now if you could pour it in a vacuum......
    Neil...

Build log...here

Different ball game and the steel is coated and protected before concrete is poured. The steel is also encased in concrete not the other way around.

...or the bridge is built from Cor-Ten steel which is allowed to weather and build up a rust-based patina that coats the surface and prevents further corrosion. Not many routers built of that, though!

Hi all, some updates, most of my free time these past months I spent on cosmetics, reassembling, cable management etc and putting the enclosure since I moved to a new room which is dedicated for this machine.

here is a photo of the machine and some acrylic cuts which were the first actual project which I made for a friend of mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3279.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	18247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3315.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	18248

Today I tried to face an aluminum plate ( looks funny I know, all I have at the moment hehe ) which I intend on using as a fixture for metal works. this is 6000RPM and 2 flute 1/2 cutter with 1200mm/min feed , based on sound please let me know your opinion and if you have recommended settings, I tried a fly cutter before and the results werent as smooth as this endmill. does mach3 have a wizard to generate facing operation G-code, would save me time instead of manually entering G1 commands hehe while holding the camera

All in all I'm satisfied and feel fortunate to have learned what I needed to accomplish this, but I wish if I could go back in time and design a better machine with automatic tool changing. wish I had formal education in mechanical engineering and machining so I could achieve better accuracy in the design,machining parts and assembly. but alas I guess that could be a future project.
    Last edited by Noplace; 20-04-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Great machine!

What about that. Or second, if you don't feel like digging 9mm into aluminum but just 3mm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	277 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	18251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.PNG 
Views:	242 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	18252

PS. With a strong cooling i mean
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 20-04-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

wow that looks aggresive, never imagined I would attempt it at this high RPM! thanks I will give it a shot with the flood coolant

last year I bought this indexable cutter http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss...2309&NOLOGIN=1
    and just tried it and its giving a much better finish, downloaded HSMAdvisor trial and for this cutter its giving me low RPM for HSS and very high for Carbide, any idea how to identify if the triangle insert is Carbide or not, all it says its Tin coated, not sure what the other abbreviations are

this is a set of them from same site, for reference http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/1...3.html#SID=404

alternatively any recommendations to replace it with a carbide one in case those are not?

Those are carbide inserts. Replaceable inserts like those come in different grades of carbide and with different geometry (tip radius, for example) but they are all carbide. Never seen an HSS insert, although someone somewhere probably makes them.

They are carbide inserts right, but i think they should not be treated like a normal carbide cutter. Instead an indexable mill tool should be found in the database and edited correctly.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information