. .

Thread: motor size

hi folks, what size nema 23 motors (oz or nm) would u reccomend to put on a machine for cutting soft wood, i don't want to waste money and go over the top

Quote Originally Posted by universally View Post
    hi folks, what size nema 23 motors (oz or nm) would u reccomend to put on a machine for cutting soft wood, i don't want to waste money and go over the top
    My idea would be 2.2Nm but if you went for 3.1Nm they would be better to reuse for version 2 of your machine.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

cheers eddy, was gonna go for 3.1 but wanted expert advice :)

Okay, go with the 3.1 I only mentioned 2.2 to keep the cost down. On my machine I used the 4Nm; http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Stepper-Mot...BYGH401-03-x-4
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Correct answer to this question is that it Can't be answered correctly because you have give no details of the machine.? Just cutting wood means nothing.!

Eddy's 3.1nm suggection will 99% be correct but could easily be miles out if you have say 200kg gantry running on threaded rod.!! . . . OTT example yes possibly but hopefully highlights what I'm getting at.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 23-01-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Correct answer to this question is that it Can't be answered correctly because you have give no details of the machine.?
    But the machine is known, it's here ; http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8320-...5972#post65972
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 23-01-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    But the machine is known, it's here ; http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8320-...5972#post65972
    But it should have been linked here in first place shouldn't it for people not knowing this to answer correctly.

sorry, my fault, im new to forums,i should of linked it, cheers eddy for the link :)

Thread Information