. .

Thread: Aspire v4.5

1. Just checking to see IF there is anyone else on the boards using Aspire (any version really). I have been using it for a few months and find it to a really useful tool that does require keeping up with the different functions. So I end up studying between one to three videos a week just to keep the different functions clear in the head.

Michael
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Just checking to see IF there is anyone else on the boards using Aspire (any version really). I have been using it for a few months and find it to a really useful tool that does require keeping up with the different functions. So I end up studying between one to three videos a week just to keep the different functions clear in the head.

Michael
    I tend to draw in AutoCAD then use an old version of aspire to do the cam stuff. As I find AutoCAD much easier to do stuff in. ..Clive

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I use VCarve a lot, although mostly it's just for basic CAM functions. However, I do find it very easy to use, and the simple 2D CAD built-in is sometimes useful as well. For example, I've just made some drill jigs for kitchen cupboards, and laying out holes and so on is very easy. I would have cut the cupboard panels on the router, but it's not quite big enough. Roll on Mk2...

I have used Cut3D as well for some little 3D carving projects. Aspire would be nice to put both of these together, as well as, I believe, enhanced CAD. However, it's pricy enough as it is and I decided that I could manage without another CAD package, and at least you can import Cut3D output into VCarve to place it into a larger piece.

I have been using Aspire V8 for a few weeks and find it easy to use and can produce a vast array of things, attached picture is of a few creatures I modelled recently

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0363.jpg 
Views:	773 
Size:	346.3 KB 
ID:	15289  

thats neat

how do you clamp the work piece ?

The mice are machined from the top in one go, so the piece of wood is held down with screws, the squirrel is made with two sides then glued together so again just held with screws into the spoil board but the snail was machined on both sides so required a pair of dowels for location plus holding down, I tend not to use clamps unless there is no room for screws as I get a more positive hold down that way and less lightly to twist free or move while machining.

Hope that helps

I use aspire too never thought of doing things like this on it though. I will have to have a go, give me a break from portraits.

They are damn good

Thread Information