. .
    Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi

Can someone confirm if this -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331096588413

The cheap BOBs on ebay are 1) any good? 2) compatible with my 3 Gecko 201x - (http://www.geckodrive.com/g201x.html)

I assumed yes when buying one a few months ago after I was experiencing problems with my HG06 - (http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Breakout-Bo...dle-Relay-HG08)

fact is my Control box has issues where I have gone through several BOB and still not been able to use my CNC machine. In my previous design the BOB outputs where being blown so this time round I have decided to start again with a control box design as the previous was a bit of a Frankenstein.

So with this ebay BOB, I did wire up the system correctly to my knowledge and there was no movement from the steppers. there was some signal/noise going to them but they weren't moving at all.

I just want to make sure the board compatible.

Many thanks

I'm not sure about that one but I initially started experimenting with cheap ebay stuff just to get my head around CNC build, config and modification but found that it's a bit of a lottery, three of the same part can be dead, moody and perfect respectively so I now just spend what half a dozen cheap chinese bits would cost on decent gear from a company with a UK phone number.

- Nick

Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Ok thanks for that insight, it was bought to try a debug the control box problem, I think I'll have to gut the old and start fresh with the design. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rbs View Post
    fact is my Control box has issues where I have gone through several BOB and still not been able to use my CNC machine. In my previous design the BOB outputs where being blown so this time round I have decided to start again with a control box design as the previous was a bit of a Frankenstein.
    Don't you think it's about time you started asking the question WHY.!! . . . .If you have gone thru several boards already then I'd suggest your doing something wrong.? Just throwing a differant BOB at it won't stop you blowing them up if your wiring them wrong.

What exactly is happening or not happening. Give exact details of what you have and how your wiring it and lets see if we can find the problem.
    While Cheap BOB's are pain in the arse you shoudln't be blowing them up so easily or often.

Erm ok, of course, but let me explain more, not all boards blew for the same reason, but the last two, one of the axis stopped working and then the last one while running the machine blew.

also the way I have built my machine is an very usual one. I started with this in 2010 and it was kind of struggle. I didn't always have time to dedicate to it and other lifes problems etc. but instead of selling it I want to see it working and complete the work my self and also so I cut projects i built it for.

I have seen the machine working and moving with limits and homing and then something blew inside the box. Currently I'm rewiring so it is easy to debug and will post maybe in a new thread??? my progress.

Much appreciated.

Thread Information