. .

Thread: V Carve Pro

Hi chaps.

Looking at purchasing the V carve pro software to use in creating 2d house signs, i will be downloading and trailing it first but it looks quite easy {from a laymans point of view} I think it runs out at about £400
    Just wondered if any of you guys have used it and what your thoughts are ? any other software out there that compares or may be even easier to use?

Thanks guys

Pete

Used it for 9 years now. Great product! I almost never use cad anymore as the built ins are sufficient, also does a good jod with tracing a bitmap to vector. I am at least a version or two behind the upgrade curve but have no problems. It also seems to work with no problems under vine in Linux for LinuxCNC.
    Dave

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Dave,
    I dont have time until weekend really, but i am going to download the trial and get used to it before i take the plunge, but great to here that you have enjoyed the software
    Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Beone View Post
    Used it for 9 years now. Great product! I almost never use cad anymore as the built ins are sufficient, also does a good jod with tracing a bitmap to vector. I am at least a version or two behind the upgrade curve but have no problems. It also seems to work with no problems under vine in Linux for LinuxCNC.
    Dave

Have a look here maybe; http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-s...-software.html
    This is great for signs etc. and free; http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html
    I was going to buy V carve pro and cut 3d but ended up buying CamBam and I'm pleased I did.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 11-02-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

cheers Eddy
    i will take a look at that :]
    pete
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Have a look here maybe; http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-s...-software.html
    This is great for signs etc. and free; http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html
    I was going to buy V carve pro and cut 3d but ended up buying CamBam and I'm pleased I did.

7. I have used V Carve Pro (upgraded to Aspire) and I also at times use CamBam (horses for courses). Depending on what you are doing i would strongly suggest VCarve Pro as it has a much friendlier interface for set up and tooling. It also allows you to used shaped (ogee) type bits and create them in the tool bin. Both are very useful tools but for my two cents VCarve Pro works better. Both have a learning curve and CamBam once set up and the tooling set up for the operations you want can also flow rather quickly, but it does not have some of the CAd of VCarve Pro nor the amount of tutorials and structured training material.

Michael
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply, i have not even got a cnc yet, but i am determined to get going this year. i know its a big learning curve, thats why i want to get the software and get used to working with it even before my cnc arrives.
    i will only be doing 2d like house signs, {but not house signs}
    But replies to this posting have been positive so V Carve pro seems to fit the bill so far :]

Thanks again Michael

pete
    Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    I have used V Carve Pro (upgraded to Aspire) and I also at times use CamBam (horses for courses). Depending on what you are doing i would strongly suggest VCarve Pro as it has a much friendlier interface for set up and tooling. It also allows you to used shaped (ogee) type bits and create them in the tool bin. Both are very useful tools but for my two cents VCarve Pro works better. Both have a learning curve and CamBam once set up and the tooling set up for the operations you want can also flow rather quickly, but it does not have some of the CAd of VCarve Pro nor the amount of tutorials and structured training material.

Michael

Thread Information