. .
    Hi Chaps.
    any suggestions on good manufacturers of router bits, mainly for carving text v carving
    or suggestions on makes to avoid?

will only be using softwoods and maybe plastics

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by totally useless View Post
    Hi Chaps.
    any suggestions on good manufacturers of router bits, mainly for carving text v carving
    or suggestions on makes to avoid?

will only be using softwoods and maybe plastics

thanks guys
    Have a look through these; http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8222-...4867#post64867
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Eddy

Oertli, they are the rolls Royce off cutters but come with a price

Cheers malenko

i will take a look

7. Did you manage to source these? I can maybe help you with the exact types of routers you may need, what are the exact materials you are using them on?

Hi JMack
    i have purchased a few from ebay {china} to practice with, {cnc not built yet} but will require some decent bits when up and running. i am mostly going to be using ...MDF...SOFT PLYWOOD...HARDWOODS....i will be doing a lot of text, and i want to carve out images dogs..boats... so i am presuming 60-90-120 degree v carve bits. Not sure on what other bits do really? end mill bits? up cut..down cut 1 flute 2 flute 3 flute what's all that about??? but any advice is very welcome and much appreciated. Thanks..Pete
    Last edited by totally useless; 27-04-2015 at 07:54 PM.

9. Hi,

For the soft wood types if you can achieve high feed rates then High Speed Steel O Flute Straight Router Bits are great. They combine an open flute design with single flute geometry to provide optimum chip removal. Also great for hand fed operations.

For hard wood High speed steel V Flute Straight Router Bits can be good if you need to a smooth finish with a balanced tool.

However there are also some great tools for both soft wood and hard wood such as upcut or downcut double flute high speed steel router bits for excellent finish over single flute. Use downcut if you want to protect the finish on the top of the workpiece however downcut if not. You can move onto Carbide if you need longer tool life or rigidity.

If you need help finding these Pete just send me a direct message and I will be happy to help!

Thread Information