. .

Thread: Harrison M250

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    I had a quick google for any examples of use but nothing found, although lots of places to buy the manuals... but you have the programming guide already.

So get 'em scanned and I'm sure between Kip, myself and few others we can help you work it out!
    Hi,

The scanning is no problem but what is the best way to let you view the pages?

Thanks,

Arthur

2. Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Kingdon View Post
    Hi,

The scanning is no problem but what is the best way to let you view the pages?

Thanks,

Arthur
    Ideally scan to PDF, but if not just scan to tif files and post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Ideally scan to PDF, but if not just scan to tif files and post them here.
    Right then, scans done as 96dpi bitmaps and saved as tiffs - size around 100kb, not good for printing but should be OK for viewing on screen. I hope they don't take too long to download.

I have scanned a few pages which I think might be relevant plus the contents page to show what is in the manual.

The uploads just failed - 'invalid files' - perhaps tiffs are not acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Kingdon View Post
    Right then, scans done as 96dpi bitmaps and saved as tiffs - size around 100kb, not good for printing but should be OK for viewing on screen. I hope they don't take too long to download.

I have scanned a few pages which I think might be relevant plus the contents page to show what is in the manual.

The uploads just failed - 'invalid files' - perhaps tiffs are not acceptable?
    Just tried again after saving files as bitmaps (Windows format) and it seems to have worked. Not sure if mac users will be able to view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manual_contents.bmp 
Views:	476 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg2.bmp 
Views:	389 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg11.bmp 
Views:	319 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg12.bmp 
Views:	360 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg13.bmp 
Views:	296 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg14.bmp 
Views:	281 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg15.bmp 
Views:	278 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualpg21.bmp 
Views:	317 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	496  

Arthur, not stuck my nose in before as I can't help out because many of these commercial controllers are special to the manufacturer and / or machine.
    Silly things like hold the prgm key in until it boots then release.

Because it's a commercial control you could ask on the CNC machining page on Practical Machinist, there are some knowledgeable people there and few UK posters who may have had M250 experience.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...hining-21.html

John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Arthur, not stuck my nose in before as I can't help out because many of these commercial controllers are special to the manufacturer and / or machine.
    Silly things like hold the prgm key in until it boots then release.

Because it's a commercial control you could ask on the CNC machining page on Practical Machinist, there are some knowledgeable people there and few UK posters who may have had M250 experience.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...hining-21.html

Hi John,

Thanks for the input - the Harrison flyer states 'The CNC control has been specifically designed for this lathe and its training applications' so you are correct in suggesting it may be special. I'll post a question on the Practical Machinist site - I can't be the only person using one of these, surely?

Location unknown. john andrews Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6118 members to the community.
    Hi Arthur, I am a new member but I would like some advice on my Harrison lathe so here goes perhaps you can help me: I have recently bought this machine but unfortunately its 3 phase and I would like to convert it back to single phase, can anyone advise where I can get the electric motor and also single phase pump. also although I have the manual on it can anyone recommend a good book which would give you more ideas on what its capabilities are.
    Thank you - John Andrews.

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Hi Arthur, I am a new member but I would like some advice on my Harrison lathe so here goes perhaps you can help me: I have recently bought this machine but unfortunately its 3 phase and I would like to convert it back to single phase, can anyone advise where I can get the electric motor and also single phase pump. also although I have the manual on it can anyone recommend a good book which would give you more ideas on what its capabilities are.
    Thank you - John Andrews.
    Hi John
    Dont now if the following will be of any help but here goes...

Is your lathe cnc and therfore the spindle speed is controlled by the main controler? If not then most people seem the favour the 3 phase motor anyway and just get a VFD. (varible freqency drive)

I got one off the bay for £50 ish. That way you can have varible speed but still have full power. Irving and John S helped me a lot on this. may be ask them, or wait and see if they chip in...:whistling:

Might be worth starting a new thread as more people will see it then.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Hi John
    Dont now if the following will be of any help but here goes...

Is your lathe cnc and therfore the spindle speed is controlled by the main controler? If not then most people seem the favour the 3 phase motor anyway and just get a VFD. (varible freqency drive)

I got one off the bay for £50 ish. That way you can have varible speed but still have full power. Irving and John S helped me a lot on this. may be ask them, or wait and see if they chip in...:whistling:

Might be worth starting a new thread as more people will see it then.
    M250 has 1.8HP, 1.3Kw motor AFAIK -but check as this is not definitive.

The one I bought was £35 - the guy I got it from had a few more but I checked with him and no more left :sad:. A full price one is £170 - 200 but they do come up regularly on eBay. A 1.5 or 2.2 kW single phase motor to replace the 3phase one is going to be about the same price so you may well be worth waiting for a while for an inverter to come up...

Need to check in the morning but I'm sure I have some 2 Hp 3 phase foot mount 4 pole motors brand new here.
    John S -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information