. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Berkshire, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-02-2015 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Nice one :) I like pictures like that ....... its like painting by numbers lol

Lives in Berkshire, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-02-2015 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Thanks for your help guys its all up and running now :)

Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi guys,

I just bought the KKO1 BOB, I'm trying to to hook it up to the DIYCNC spindle board and then onto the VFD so i can have Mach 3 Control. I would also like to use the spare relay from the KK01 for on/off of a vacuum table lets say. Is any one able to confirm the wiring it correct. I really don't want to blow up any more components. the two links below are for the manuals. many thanks

pic host

https://www.mediafire.com/?rc61wkf8r4m4or6

Last edited by rbs; 05-03-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbs View Post
    Hi guys,

I just bought the KKO1 BOB, I'm trying to to hook it up to the DIYCNC spindle board and then onto the VFD so i can have Mach 3 Control. I would also like to use the spare relay from the KK01 for on/off of a vacuum table lets say. Is any one able to confirm the wiring it correct. I really don't want to blow up any more components. the two links below are for the manuals. many thanks

pic host

Hold on ! Looks like you are switching the spindle on and off at the mains input to control it. If you want to start and stop the spindle this is not a good idea! Leave the VFD powered directly from the mains all the time and control it using the green inputs on the control panel - the row of small terminals above the mains and spindle connections.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2638.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	14818

Here is the schematic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VFD_wiring_pins.JPG 
Views:	313 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	14817

This is how I think it should work:

Start / stop = connect relay terminals to FOR and DCM. The relay makes or breaks this circuit.
    To get this to work you also need to set PD001 to 1 (from memory) to tell it to use this external control.

Speed control (manual) = connect a 3 pin potentiometer (say 10k) with one outer pin to VR, the opposite pin to ACM, and the middle pin to V1.
    To get this to work you also need to set PD002 to 1, and set the little jumper (on the right side of the green input panel) to VI to tell it to use the external control

Speed control (auto with voltage control) = connect 10V from BoB to V1 (as you have drawn it), and 0V to ACM (not as you have drawn it to A1 which is for current control and it looks like your BoB is outputing a variable voltage)
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi OK, thanks for that and the extra info.

for the interest of this thread I've redone the schematic just so there's no one else following committing to fry their electronics.

Does this look correct? Many thanks

free image uploading

Quote Originally Posted by rbs View Post
    Hi OK, thanks for that and the extra info.

for the interest of this thread I've redone the schematic just so there's no one else following committing to fry their electronics.

Does this look correct? Many thanks

free image uploading
    Hi rbs

Your new sketch still looks wrong on the speed control part. If the spindle control board is putting out a variable 0-10V to control the speed then in my view:

+ on the board should go to VI on the VFD
    - on the board should go to ACM on the VFD

Don't connect anything to VR or AI for what you are trying to do.

Also, note that the manual shows a grounded shielded cable for the control cable (the dotted hoop around the input lines) to reduce interference.

*If any moderators are reading this it is probably more appropriate to move it to the electronics > VFD section . . .*
    Last edited by routercnc; 06-03-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information