. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick57 View Post
    Well it's arrived I set it up followed all the instructions still nothing works
    Have you set the port number in Mach3 Ports and Pins configuration? I remember when I first tried to get Mach3 working I forgot to set the port and by default it is 0.

Is there a setup guide to interface mach3 to the uc100

Is there a setup guide to interface mach3 to the uc100
    It you followed the UC100 setup guide and have both leds lighting continuous, then the rest is to configure mach3 to communicate with your machine, setup ports and pins, motor tuning, etc. Probably your cnc came with a mach3 profile file which you need to load.

I've done it almost.
    i can move the spindle when I remember to set the jog buton on the only things left are to set home points and get the spindle to spin under computer control.
    kendrick

I am watching videos on how to find limits and home points,so by the end of that I should have that one covered.
    spindle controll is my final setting up problem. The black box that came with the Cnc has a spindle speed control pad on it, is this enough or do I have to have the spindle speed computer controlled?
    kendrick

The black box that came with the Cnc has a spindle speed control pad on it, is this enough or do I have to have the spindle speed computer controlled?
    kendrick
    There's nothing wrong with manual speed control on a machine that size. Do you know if it's got the hardware to make speed controllable from software ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

before jazz and the rest of those out there that hate the chineese cnc range of machines sorry it's a fait accompli I am only interested in constructive comments on questions asked not my choice of machine.
    How Rude.!!!. . . Did I say a word about the pile of shite.?

The UC100 is ok but it's still USB based and therefore will at some time have same power dropout issues lots of USB based devices encounter. Esp with a Laptop.!

For spindle control thru software you'll need speed control board or BOB that has one built into it. If Chinese machine came with the cheap Nasty DC spindle then chances are it won't have this and speed will be controlled directly from the DC speed controller with a Pot.
    If spindle is AC and controlled with VFD then you may have BOB with PWM output so can control speed using this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    How Rude.!!!. . . Did I say a word about the pile of shite.?

The UC100 is ok but it's still USB based and therefore will at some time have same power dropout issues lots of USB based devices encounter. Esp with a Laptop.!

For spindle control thru software you'll need speed control board or BOB that has one built into it. If Chinese machine came with the cheap Nasty DC spindle then chances are it won't have this and speed will be controlled directly from the DC speed controller with a Pot.
    If spindle is AC and controlled with VFD then you may have BOB with PWM output so can control speed using this.
    Sorry jazz I'm new and before I joined I looked at a few threads in which you always popped up with scathing comments about the Chinese shite as you put it. I know it's not the best but it will do what I want it to do I was on a limited budget.
    as for the laptop I went through the power features and disabled them all, the flow of data will probably still be interrupted every so often but the UC100 should cope with that.
    the reason for the uc100 as apposed to the various other methods out there is ease of fitting and not wanting to open up the control box.
    looks like the spindle is a cheap and nasty DC one but should be a lot better than those on the 3040, I'll live with the spindle being under manual control, if the speed can never be controlled but there is a pin to switch the motor on and off I'll see if I can make up a relay circuit to control the start stop of the spindle.
    I have at least got a pot and herz digital readout on the control box I'll learn.
    just got a set of diamond shaped cutting bits for the Cnc came from China so there is no knowing the quality, anyone know where I can get better quality bits must be diamond cut 2mm or a bit less I'm cutting carbon fiber up to 5 mm thick.

kendrick

Sorry jazz I'm new and before I joined I looked at a few threads in which you always popped up with scathing comments about the Chinese shite as you put it.
    It's ok no offense taken my skin is a little thicker than that.! My Scathing of the machines are based on experience repairing or helping others repair them so it's very valid IMO. BUT if you had looked hard enough you'd seen I've also said many times they are great learning tools just don't expect the world from them as they are not strong enough and component quality is poor so they wear quickly.

Regards the UC100 and USB drop outs then it will still happen from time to time as it's power based issue with USB and the UC100 draws it's power from USB so the data buffers won't make any difference. This happens on other USB based Motion control devices but most allow power to be drawn from an external source and it's avoided.
    Often people don't know it's the USB causing the problem and just blame Mach3.!

Kendrick, I do not think your spindle is DC, changing the frequency on your vfd will change the spindle speed, so it must be a 3 phase spindle motor. Remember what I told you last night, spindle speed is pairs of poles x frequency,
    ie vfd frequency say 400hz (cycles per second) x 60 (seconds to minutes) = 24k RPM. This is a little higher than the actual speed due to slip, but is near enough for what you need. Ihope that makes sense. G.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information