. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just signed up on this site, hopefully going to fill the enormous void in my knowledge.
    I have used manual lathes and milling machines on and off since my early school days
    I have been trained in and now have my own Autodesk Inventor LT software, have done some 3d prints of my modelled objects
    I joined a maker group that has access to laser cutting, cnc milling, routing, 3d printing and pcb cutting machines but am frustrated at the difficulty in getting stuff to work.

Would love to have my own machines - have to wait a long while I suspect

Any other users in and around Sheffield / Rotherham

David

Hi David

I'm in sheffield
    If I can be of any help to you get in touch

Ian

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IanParkin For This Useful Post:

Hi David

I'm in Rotherham no machine yet, all been well very soon.
    Last edited by Dean jeffery; 19-02-2015 at 05:15 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dean jeffery For This Useful Post:

Hi
    I'm Calida - from Castleton which isn't far.
    I have a Portabee 3d printer and a Redsail m500 laser and a cheapo (not working at the mo) 40w chinese laser.
    Good to know people are around - if any of you have good laser knowledge i'd love some advice about my redsail - i've posted for help.
    Next i want a CNC router. :)
    Thanks
    Calida

Hi Calida

I have been struggling with a laser cutter at a maker group I have been to - so guess I am unlikely to be of any help

Why aren't these things just plug and play ?

David

Quote Originally Posted by Turner_110 View Post
    Why aren't these things just plug and play ?

David
    Where's the fun in that ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 22-02-2015 at 10:59 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Maybe I'm coming from a slightly different angle - I get my fun from the "things" that these machines produce, thats not to put down at all the skill required to make a machine and the fun that others get from making them work.

I think all of us appreciate what our machines make whether we have built our own or bought a turn key machine

I'm sure that no one makes a machine and doesnt use it...perhaps people sell their machine when it wont do what they want or they realise its not a easy as loading material and pressing go

Ian

Hi, I am also a new member as of today, I am 71 years young so be patient with me. I live near Oxford and have a very wide range of interests my user name is Mininmax as I used to own and fly a Team Minimax microlight, sadly all gone now as my age presented problems with the licence. Anyway I have just bought a small 2030 cnc and have got it working fine, I use solid edge for drawings and cut2d with Mach3 to run the machine. I have a Boxford lathe and the Seig2 mill that I would like to convert to cnc now I have an idea as to how to run things. I must add that I have never used cad until about a month ago like wise with c.n.c. I will try to post some photos of bits and bobs I have been doing later. Regards to you all

Quote Originally Posted by Turner_110 View Post
    I joined a maker group that has access to laser cutting, cnc milling, routing, 3d printing and pcb cutting machines but am frustrated at the difficulty in getting stuff to work.

Would love to have my own machines - have to wait a long while I suspect

Any other users in and around Sheffield / Rotherham

David
    Hi David,

I'm in Sheffield - not doing much at the moment - well, I've got a 3d printer so I'm obviously making another one (I think there's some sort of law).

I know what you mean about stuff just working - I enjoyed building the printer from a kit and getting it going but now I just wish it would work reliably...

What maker group did you join?

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information