. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi
    i have just bought one of the 6040 cnc machines se the picture below it has a 800w water cooled 4000rpm spindle.
    I cannot get the spindle to spin under computer control even when running gcode.
    kendrick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2123 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	14704  

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick57 View Post
    I cannot get the spindle to spin under computer control even when running gcode.
    kendrick
    Did it say you could in the instructions ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-02-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Eddy, there is some confusion from Kendrick here - I have spoken to K on the telephone and he has a 400hz vfd and a 24k spindle. I do not think that he can control the spindle speed with his software (only from the vfd and he is quite happy with that), he is unable to stop/start the spindle and I think he should be able to do that if someone can advise him. I can't help because I use dedicated controllers on both of my machines (commercial system, not mac), but I am sure someone on here can point him in the right direction. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Eddy, there is some confusion from Kendrick here - I have spoken to K on the telephone and he has a 400hz vfd and a 24k spindle. I do not think that he can control the spindle speed with his software (only from the vfd and he is quite happy with that), he is unable to stop/start the spindle and I think he should be able to do that if someone can advise him. I can't help because I use dedicated controllers on both of my machines (commercial system, not mac), but I am sure someone on here can point him in the right direction. G.
    Starting/stopping the spindle is often done using a output which controls a 5V Relay who's contacts connect to the VFD run Signal.
    Often the BOB will have Dedicated on board relay connected to output.

Reason for the Relay is that the VFD run signal will probably be 24V so can't be directly controlled using the 5v Output.

Have a look in here; http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/227-Ro...es-Controllers top two posts look promising.

picture of the guts; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-Axi...953030341.html

and this could be the vfd manual; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4P...kxJ/edit?pli=1
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 21-02-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

The second link gives me an idea as to what I should find when I finally take the to off the is that black box called a Bob.
    the third link looks promising the control panel is identical,have not read it all yet.
    kendrick

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick57 View Post
    The second link gives me an idea as to what I should find when I finally take the to off the is that black box called a Bob.
    No the BOB is short for break out board. That second link showing the Guts isn't what you have because it shows a USB Motion control card and you had Parallel port based box. The BOB will look very similair to the USB card in the picture.

NOW BE WARNED.!! Messing around with BOB without knowing the pinout and numbers is sure fire way to KILL it.!!
    BOB's and esp a cheap one that will undoubtly be inside this box are fickle creatures at best of times so don't mess unless your sure what your doing.

Got it widescreen
    thanks
    kendrick

There is a kind of problem I have, when I first got the Cnc going it was not that fast but liveable with, after calibration it now moves super slow fine for cutting but not from getting from a to b when not cutting. Surly if the original speed could be achieved to start with why can't it use it now, I tried travel speed on the mach3 screen with no luck I can slow it dow even more but not speed it up to its original speed. I can live with the speed if I have to but a faster travel speed between cuts would be nice.

the primary reason for buying the Cnc was for cutting carbon fiber sheet, I know that I need a diamond shaped cutting bit I got some from China but I think it would be better if I got them from America can anyone else suggest a place to get quality bits at not to expencive a price max cutting diameter 2mm also what rpm and cutting speed for diferent thicknesses of carbon.
    to save the lungs I am going to cut the carbon in a water bath do you think building the bath deserves a thread of its ownas it is not a problem with the machine but a build project.
    finally after seeing videos of wood being cut and when I cut a notch out of the leftovers from the base of the water bath I think enclosing the machine in a polycarbonate box would be a good idea a vacuum head with brushes is not always a good idea, a clear polycarbonate shield would be usful though.

kendrick

Kendrick57 I am sorry but I find it very hard to read your posts as they seem to jump all over the place. I think it might be better if you address just one point at a time (ie one point per post).
    Now if you can get your cutting speed (G1) as fast as you need then there should be no reason why you should not get your "travel" Rapid speed (G0) faster.
    How about you posting some screen shots up of your Motor tuning from Mach3 and a short sample of your gcode ( say the top 30 lines) this might help to see what it is you are trying to achieve. ..Clive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information