. .

Thread: redsail m500

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hi - has anyone got one of these? I'm having software issues, think i've been sent the wrong software and usb drivers but not sure.
    Calida

What issues have you got ?
    Last edited by cropwell; 22-02-2015 at 07:18 PM.

I have a Redsail m500 laser. The laser fires and seems to work fine although the microswitches on the bed don't work - i'm presuming this is a software issue as i've had the cables tested. The software i've been sent was lasermate/laserworks but the USB drivers say they load but don't. I've read that Redsails use Easycut; hence i'm thinking its the wrong software. The USB driver in any case is wrong; appears to not load and doesn't show in drivers. Also the software doesn't load as it asks to be connected to the machine and although it is says 'communication failure'. My laptoopo recognises the hardware; states no driver installed.
    I've tested other things out with a friend who also seems to think its software based.
    Does anyone know any more??7
    Help would be great thanks.
    Calida
    Last edited by calida; 22-02-2015 at 09:27 PM.

I assume you looked here ? http://www.hflaser.com/download.html
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Yes i have looked at that but most of the downloads are just specifications; the USB driver downloads are 7z files which i can't open (is there something i need to do to load these??)

Yes, unzip them with this; http://www.7-zip.org/
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

The pc software/drivers will be quite specific to the board running inside the laser cutter. Where did you buy the laser?

Can you upload files to the laser from a usb memory stick?
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

it doesn't let me upload from USB stick. I've had it looked over by someone more knowledgable than me, seems to be just software issues....i've been sent laserworks/lasermate and it doesn't load right. I'm using windows 8.1.
    Calida

Can you move the head around with the arrow keys.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Yeah and the laser fires; everything has been tested it just doesn't talk to my computer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information