. .
    Hello everyone
    I have built my portabee and she's great but whilst i've got better settings and smoother prints; i'm still not there yet - some little holes here and there and gaps.
    Does anyone have any tips or advice? I'm drawing in Sketchup, slicing in Cura and then Pronterface.
    Thanks
    Calida

Hi Calida,

Do you have any pictures of the problems?

What material are you printing?

Do you have a fan cooling the print after the first layer?

Mark

I don't have any real problems just some holes and pits in the print; but not throughout just in places (mainly on organic shapes). I do have a cooling fan (although i've jst checked and it appears not to work)....could that be it??
    Calida

Quote Originally Posted by calida View Post
    I don't have any real problems just some holes and pits in the print; but not throughout just in places (mainly on organic shapes). I do have a cooling fan (although i've jst checked and it appears not to work)....could that be it??
    Calida
    The cooling fan is needed for small parts - if they're not cooled, heat builds up in the part and it melts. The fan is normally off for the first layer and is then turned on for subsequent layers - this needs to be configured in your slicer program if you have a fan that can be controlled.

This (http://reprap.org/wiki/Print_Trouble...ictorial_Guide) is a good guide to print problems but doesn't have much on blobs or pitting :-( I'd guess it's your retract settings which are designed to stop plastic oozing out when moving the print head between printed areas but I'm afraid I don't have much experience with these settings (it's on my list of things to do).

Mark

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatFreddie For This Useful Post:

Well the problem seems to have gone ; the fan is working and smaller parts are just as solid as others. pretty good print quality except easy to break (compared to the prints from the Cubify at work) . Anyone know why this is?

Thread Information