. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi EddyCurrenet,

Very good of you to look into that for me mate I appreciate it. I think it is the way I will go perhaps something like this would do the job. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2606245274...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I shall do my homework on them now to try and learn about them prior to buying one.

Many thanks

Suesi

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I've just had a quick look at a Chinese vdf manual and it looks like you can use a digital input to select different acceleration ramp speeds. So in theory you could have a switch somewhere that would select a slow ramp so that the vfd would slowly increase it's speed over time. Then you just switch it back to normal operation.
    There is No need to warm up these spindles they don't use high precision bearings and there's enough tolerence for it not to be a problem.
    I've never warmed my spindle up and it's been cutting aluminium for the last 3+yrs for 10+ hrs most days and bearings are still fine with no signs of wear.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 25-02-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Hi Jazz, thanks very much for the msg mate. What I am learning about these spindles seems to make me more and more keen on one. I don't know if the one in the link I provided is any good seems quite cheap to me so I am unsure!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2606245274...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Many thanks Suesi

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    There is No need to warm up these spindles they don't use high precision bearings and there's enough tolerence for it not to be a problem.
    That sounds right, from what I've read many times, the bearings in these are so shite, why waste your time looking after them.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    That sounds right, from what I've read many times, the bearings in these are so shite, why waste your time looking after them.
    They do the job and do it well so thats all that matters at end of day.!!. . How much did you pay extra for your spindle/vfd with Not so shite bearings.? Bet I could buy 3 or 4 WC spindles with VFD's for same or less money.!
    Even in light/med industrial use I wouldn't buy your spindle and just buy 2 x WC so keeping a spare and still save money.!

Suesi That spindle is fine and they all come from same place and often same person trading under many names.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

I haven't brought one yet, I am just planning ahead! So it sounds like you think that is a good spindle, good deal and an OK place to buy from. Off to do some sussing out on mounting options and to watch some videos on how to set them up etc.
    Many thanks
    Suesi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information