. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi I have just purchased this lasercutter, I connected the chiller, the air compressor and the extractor fan as instructed, I then turned on the laser machine it all powered up, along with air compressor etc, then died as if it had blown a fuse. I changed the fuse in the power input lead and tested the lead on a printer and it works fine but the laser machine still doesn't turn on, no power is getting to it. Any one know what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by sthdklen View Post
    Hi I have just purchased this lasercutter, I connected the chiller, the air compressor and the extractor fan as instructed, I then turned on the laser machine it all powered up, along with air compressor etc, then died as if it had blown a fuse. I changed the fuse in the power input lead and tested the lead on a printer and it works fine but the laser machine still doesn't turn on, no power is getting to it. Any one know what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance
    Internal MCB/Isolator on?
    Most have a IEC power cord that plugs into a socket INSIDE the machine; Is it seated fully?
    Most have 2 x PSU's (plus a Laser PSU), One for The control system, one for the stepper motors... Surely both cannot have failed?
    (check for lights on the stepper motor controllers)

A multi tester would tell you alot! :)

Hi thank you for your reply. It was a 250v glass fuse which was located under the power socket that blew, so was easiy fixed inthe end.

I'm new to laser machines and not having a luck or much help from who I purchased it off. Ive loaded the laserworks software and attempted to do some test cuts. I drew a simple circle and square about have come out stretched like ovals and rectangles and neither have cut just engraved even though I set the speed and power to cut. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
    again

Think theres a setting for circles. ...I'll take a look when i next open mine. I'm strugglin with settings for machine setup and often runs into the bed.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem !

That doesn't really help, think that he's explained he can send files to cut but they get distorted.

Needs help to work out how to stop circles distorting. In the preferences there's a setting to change speed I'm sure.

Does this help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425832961779.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	14832  

And this? Bit more info

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425833003195.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	14833  

Hi Thanks for your replies. I've been playing around with it and discovered the x axis is off by 50% so if I double the x axis value I get perfect circles and squares. No explanation anywhere to why this is happening, I've noticed also that the laser head only goes to the middle of the x axis arm, so again 50% even if I use the control panel on the laser to move it. Mt machine is 500x 700 and the x axis will only go to 350. All my parameters seem correct. Any one know what could be causing this. Fed up with this machine, would not advise anyone to buy one :-(

Name:	parameters.png 
Views:	1350 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	14865  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information