Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Thanks guys. Temperature in my workshop is about 5-10c. Should I still go with 209? My supplier does not have 209 in stock...
    Thats to cold you must get it up around 20c and keep it there for 3 days.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Thats to cold you must get it up around 20c and keep it there for 3 days.
    Then I will wait and go with 209.
    Feeling quite awful for the slow progress...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1455973390956.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	17641
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1455973440996.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	17642

    Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Then I will wait and go with 209.
    Feeling quite awful for the slow progress...

    Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk
    I'd still go with the 206, if it's not in stock the wait for them to order it with their next stock order won't be a problem.

    Your progress isn't as slow as mine, it took me 5 years to build mine....and its still not finished!
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I'd still go with the 206, if it's not in stock the wait for them to order it with their next stock order won't be a problem.

    Your progress isn't as slow as mine, it took me 5 years to build mine....and its still not finished!
    NO don't do it you will regret it if you go with 206.!!!!!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    NO don't do it you will regret it if you go with 206.!!!!!
    Oops....sorry, got my knickers in a twist, thought the 206 was the extra slow setting hardner teach me to not stop and think....listen to Dean, I'm talking boll###s.....
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  6. #66
    My workshop was 5-10C when i poured the epoxy. It took 4h instead of 1h to harden a bit and not be liquid, then 24h to harden more or less, and a couple of days to harden truly. Dont be in a rush.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:


  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Then I will wait and go with 209.
    Feeling quite awful for the slow progress...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1455973390956.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	17641
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1455973440996.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	17642

    Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk

    Build is looking very good and stout! What route are you going to take for the machine bed? Didn't see that discussed anywhere.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:


  10. #69
    Having problems getting hardener 209 in my country.
    Do you think I can get away with using 207 (Extra clear fabric applicationand clear coating)? It has slightly longer working and cure time.
    If I preheat epoxy, hardener and workshop and super-quickly mix the epoxy and make tha pour? By heating I mean getting it more liquid and better flowing-leveling. But heating also shortens the working time. So the question is to heat or not to heat? How long is the rough time-window for the EPOXY to be able to self-level?

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Having problems getting hardener 209 in my country.
    Do you think I can get away with using 207 (Extra clear fabric applicationand clear coating)? It has slightly longer working and cure time.
    If I preheat epoxy, hardener and workshop and super-quickly mix the epoxy and make tha pour? By heating I mean getting it more liquid and better flowing-leveling. But heating also shortens the working time. So the question is to heat or not to heat? How long is the rough time-window for the EPOXY to be able to self-level?
    Have a read through this http://www.westsystem.com/ss/use-guides/
    The 209 give you about 8-10 hours for it to level out. It won't level out in one hour.

    If you can't do it with epoxy then you will have to use shims instead.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BUILD LOG: 8x4 router build. Steel base & Aluminium gantry gantry
    By D-man in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 29-11-2014, 08:48 PM
  2. Strengthing a steel gantry.
    By gavztheouch in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:11 AM
  3. BUILD LOG: Vertical fixed gantry. Design & build. (Steel/epoxy)
    By Greeny in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-08-2013, 08:26 PM
  4. FOR SALE: For Sale : Gantry CNC Machine, Bedford
    By pcstru in forum Items For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 05:16 PM
  5. BUILD LOG: My flying gantry machine
    By progomez in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 21-09-2009, 10:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •