. .
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    What you guys think http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-126 ?
    Special offer at the moment together with Mach4.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    These are excellent tried and tested solid boards
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

They are without doubt the best BOB on the market. Steve stallings at PMDX is great bloke to deal with and will answer any questions or troubles you have.

Just to make you aware regards Mach4. Mach4 is Plug-in based so any hardware you connect needs to have a plug-in written for it by the Manufacturer.
    Even the parallel port is a Plug-in which you purchase separate. This mostly affects motion controllers and there are small handful who have written a plug-in for them and then they are at differant stages of development. This means some are better than others and at the moment None of them are at level of stabilty I consider good enough for users with lower level of experience.

Steve Stallings is quite involved with Mach4 development and his plug-in's for the products he sells that need them are probably one of the best but Mach4 is constantly changing which causes troubles for him and every other manufacturer. To be honest it shouldn't have been released IMO because it's still very buggy and tempramental. Effectively users are being used has beta testers so if you want to just install and go then I'd seriosly suggest you Don't buy Mach4 yet.
    It's getting better and the Mk2 update and following updates have really ironed out some of the bugs but it's still too itchy scratchy for me so I'd avoid using it.!! . . . . Lets put it this way I've had it since day one and used it with CSlabs, ESS, Pokeys plug-in's and other than for testing it I won't trust it to run my machine unattended.

PS you don't need a Plug-in to use the PMDX126 it's just a BOB.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    ... To be honest it shouldn't have been released IMO because it's still very buggy and tempramental. Effectively users are being used has beta testers so if you want to just install and go then I'd seriosly suggest you Don't buy Mach4 yet.
    It's getting better and the Mk2 update and following updates have really ironed out some of the bugs but it's still too itchy scratchy for me so I'd avoid using it.!! . . . . Lets put it this way I've had it since day one and used it with CSlabs, ESS, Pokeys plug-in's and other than for testing it I won't trust it to run my machine unattended.

PS you don't need a Plug-in to use the PMDX126 it's just a BOB.
    Thanks for heads up! They do market MACH4 as ready goods... I will keep away from it for now.

Hi guys,

Is 156.-EUR reasonable price for:
    WEST SYSTEM EPOXY 105 - 5kgHARDENER 206 - 1kg?

Hi guys,

Is 156.-EUR reasonable price for:
    WEST SYSTEM EPOXY 105 - 5kgHARDENER 206 - 1kg?
    Yes ok price for 5lt but really you want 209 hardner not 206. you need very slow cure time to allow plenty of time for epoxy to level.
    I have used 206 before but you get much better results with 209 and not so rushed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Dean, good that you spotted that number cause it could have made one pull of his hair, if ordered and mixed the wrong hardener
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thanks guys.
    Temperature in my workshop is about 5-10c. Should I still go with 209? My supplier does not have 209 in stock...
    Or I just keep my pants on until normal temperature arrive?
    Last edited by toomast; 20-02-2016 at 08:25 AM.

11. Are you in a rush? I'm waiting till summer for my pour!

I totally understand the rush, can't wait to have it built :) How about you heat up your workshop for two or three days ? You can just rent a propane or electric heater.
    Last edited by eurikain; 20-02-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information