. .
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No worry's mates! Have not ordered anything yet :) except the whipping blond...

Lives in a, Netherlands. Last Activity: 07-05-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 46. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    I'd change the plate you have now for the Z-axis for a 80x80 steel tube and connect the dust collection to that.
    That works really well.

Do put a brace between the mounting of the spindle and the oposite face, otherwise the mount may flex. Probably not as bad as my 35 mm high kress mount but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Sven View Post
    I'd change the plate you have now for the Z-axis for a 80x80 steel tube and connect the dust collection to that.
    That works really well.

Do put a brace between the mounting of the spindle and the oposite face, otherwise the mount may flex. Probably not as bad as my 35 mm high kress mount but still....

I don't quite follow you. Do you have a sample picture how the 80x80 steel tube would work as dust collector?
    Dust is the problem that needs solving in my design though. I was aiming for some simple bracket that holds dust extractor tube...some housing with brushes...I need to put it on the drawing.

For spindle mount I will order tha thick cast aluminium version. Nice and rigid I think.

Lives in a, Netherlands. Last Activity: 07-05-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 46. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Complete with dust shoe:

I have the tube clamped to the z-axis, so it can be set to a height.
    The next one would just be on linear rails.

The height of the clamp is only about 30 mm, that requires cross bracing with the rear of the tube or it will flex at high feeds. (It did with this one)
    The cast aluminium one is much higer, probably will not need cross brace but you can always add it later, should you need it.

A section of 100 mm pvc pipe can easily be fitted to the 80x80 if you heat it.

Picture of a few years back:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schoen2.jpeg 
Views:	386 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	14898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frees.jpeg 
Views:	465 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	14899  
    Last edited by Sven; 18-03-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Sven, we dont see the images??
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Oh, sorry guys, I guess you can not see these images they are on another cnc site. I see them in the post but I am loged in to the other site... I'll have to see what I can do about it.
    Last edited by Sven; 18-03-2015 at 08:02 AM.

My spindle arrived and its bigger than I imagined :)

I hope to find time this weekend to work with CAD so I can order rails and other stuff from Fred next week.
    I will delay other electronics purchase as long as mechanical assembly is finished. Also I have ordered 12mm proximity switches.

Name:	20150319_175248.jpg 
Views:	1876 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	14927  

Hi guys! So what do you think about my bed idea?
    I would have the big steel sheet laser cut and holes tapped. Then welded to the square tube frame. Then replaceable aluminium bars on top. I want to have it separated from main frame - for easier transport. That been said... CAD calculates 204 kg for the bed weight .
    Overkill?

Name:	bed.JPG 
Views:	1894 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	14965  

If you make the 10mm steel base a bit bigger than the strips you can put sides on it and then a drain in one corner and if you use coolant then you can drain it.....if you're not going to use coolant then ignore this
    Neil...

Build log...here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    If you make the 10mm steel base a bit bigger than the strips you can put sides on it and then a drain in one corner and if you use coolant then you can drain it.....if you're not going to use coolant then ignore this
    Thank you sir! I will do it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information