Hey Everyone!

I have heard some people on this forum discussing using the Prometheus Hot End in their 3D printer builds so I thought I should share our recent innovations with you all :)

With the success of the Prometheus hot end and hundreds of happy users around the world, we have received a lot of feedback about our product. In an effort to perfect the Prometheus Hot End we have developed Prometheus V2, an optimized, simpler, and more professional version of the original Prometheus V1. The goal with Prometheus V2 is to eliminate all of the quirks of V1 while further improving performance and user experience.

A few of the improvements over V1 include a quieter cooling fan, a professional heater cartridge and high temperature sleeving on the thermistor, simplified assembly with no soldering or Kapton tape required, embedded bowden collet for both 1.75mm and 3mm versions, and many more.

We are now selling Prometheus V2 (Beta) hot ends on our webstore

The objective of the beta release is to obtain feedback about our improvements and suggestions about anything else that can be further improved before the official V2 release.

There is a limited time offer of 10% off all store purchases for early adopters so do not hesitate to grab your V2 hot end today!

We also now offer 0.3mm, 0.4mm, and 0.6mm nozzles with V2 (which are also backward compatible with Prometheus V1).

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I’ll just show you some pictures of Prometheus V2 instead of just blabbering on about it:

Below is a comprehensive outline of the design features of Prometheus V2:

V2 Design Features

- Durable, actively cooled, compact, all-metal construction for high-temperature extrusion up to 300C.

- Professional internal polishing along the full length of the nozzle creates a near mirror finish which reduces friction in the hot end. This eliminates jamming when printing PLA, even with long retractions in a Bowden system.

- The nozzle is machined from a single piece of stainless steel. The 1-piece design eliminates all internal “melt-zone” junctions making hot end leaks a thing of the past.

- Variable length “melt-zone” allows for the hot end to be customized according to your needs. From high precision to high speed printing, Prometheus V2 does it all.

- Heat Sink efficiently dissipates heat from the nozzle maintaining a sharp 2mm thermal transition at temperatures up to 300C. Optimized heat dissipation allows for a quieter cooling fan and minimizes vibrations.

- Internal geometry allows for the Bowden collet to be inserted directly into the heat sink enabling easy compact Bowden integration for both 1.75mm and 3mm versions. All heat sinks are Bowden compatible and switching between Bowden and Direct configuration takes just a few seconds.

- In both the Bowden and Direct configurations, a PTFE tube passes into the heat sink and facilitates a smooth filament path directly from your extruder into the 1-piece nozzle. This improves performance when printing flexible filaments like NinjaFlex. [Note: PTFE tubing is not subjected to high temperatures within the hot end.]

- Compact design conserves z-height and allows two hot ends to be placed as close as 16mm from each other, conserving print space in a dual extrusion set-up.

- Professional heater cartridge and high temp sleeving on the thermistor means that no messy Kapton tape is required! The thermistor is held in place with an M3 bolt and washer.

- Standard J-Head groovemount dimensions means that Prometheus V2 should fit most extruders and is a drop-in replacement for your old hot end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I’d be happy to hear any comments about Prometheus V2! Let me know what you think and just ask if you have any more questions :)

I am sure that the Prometheus V2 hot end will help you all get great results with your 3D printer builds!

Happy Printing!
Eric