. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ding Dong Ding Dong.!! . . . . 24Vdc is correct for these drives Clive they only Take 30Vdc Max so don't want to release the Magic smoke.!!
    Yes I had checked that out in the early post. I was just saying its a shame to use such low voltage drivers. ..Clive

OK updated to V3 now and I have added the e-stop / latch relay connections? removed the 9v and 12v PSU to avoid confusion at this point and ill upgrade the fans to 24v and run off the Din Rail PSU. Am i close correct with the relay / contactor connections?

Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel._mains v3.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	15120  
    Last edited by Dwayne Dibbley; 09-04-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Ive attached a schematic of what i think the latch circuit looks like:

S1 = Go push button NO
    S2 = E-Stop NC
    S3 = Stop Button NC
    RY1 = double pole latch relay NO ( can you also do the same with a single pole? )
    RY2 = contractor DC coil

Thanks

Name:	latch.png 
Views:	483 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	15124  

Surly a stop button should not be the same as E-stop. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Surly a stop button should not be the same as E-stop. ..Clive
    Where would you place a stop button to release the latch? or not required?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Dibbley View Post
    Where would you place a stop button to release the latch? or not required?
    When you press E-stop or the stop button then latch is dropped because power is removed from relay. So in your schematic E-stop and Stop are the same.

Same in Mach3 if you press Stop while machine is moving then consider it just the same as pressing E-stop button. You will lose position and need to Re-home before continuing. Only Feedhold is safe controlled stop.

OK, attached a new version where on pressing the Go/Reset the latch relay joins A-B over the go button to keep the circuit live, and at the same time A-B energizes the DC coil in the Contactor powering the Stepper PSU / VFD. Hitting the E-Stop breaks the 24v circuit and the latch is released along with the contactor?

Does that sound / look about right?

Thanks

Name:	Panel.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	15135  

Unfortunately that is not going to work. Just wire the contactor coil in parallel with the latch relay coil. Also, put the e-stop switch between the supply positive and the start switch rather than in the negative line. That way, power supply and both relays can have one side to ground which will simplify wiring.

Your offering up very confusing drawings here mate.!! . . . Your last drawing was ok just didn't need a Stop button.?

It's easy really just run 24V thru relay NO contact and then back to relay coil Positive. Then run wire thru Momentery Button(reset) between 24V and Coil positive. You can then run E-stop either in series with positive or Negative wire.
    Latch will be made when Momentery reset buttons is pressed and dropped when E-stop is pressed and won't latch again untill e-stop is cleared and Reset button pressed.

Second contact on the Relay can turn on your Contactor. You can also use Another contact to pass Input (+) thru and back to Input (-) to inform software E-stop as happened.!

Thanks, I think i over think things to much, just one query what advantage is the latching relay over just running the 24v circuit through the contactor dc coil?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information