. .

Thread: new member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    The VDD Clive mentions is if you use 10V I think and you have to change a jumper on the board if using 10V.
    Of course I stand to be corrected by my mentor but I have a similar bob (but not the same) and that has to be connected to enable the bob. ..Clive

Edit: looking at the schematic and the picture of the bob they are both different in that the schematic shows : 5V gnd gnd 10V but the pictures shows 5V gnd gnd 5V
    Last edited by Clive S; 15-05-2015 at 07:57 AM.

I have exactly that BOB - it came free with the DQ860MA drivers which I notice the OP is also using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BoB2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	15325

I used the 5V (upper most one in the picture) and adjacent ground to supply the BOB (from a 5V feed from the PC power supply). When it was switched on out of interest I also checked the voltage at VDD (lower one in the picture) and it was also 5V.

Board worked fine and from what I can tell in your pictures was wired up how you have it wired up (except i didn't use the enable connection on the drives).

The reason I ended up using it (for now) was because the other one I bought -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BoB_wiring.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	15326
    could not be made to work despite checking with scope, multi-meter, all sorts of diagnosis. My conclusion was that it was a faulty board. So whilst you run through all the good advice about settings etc. (which hopefully is the problem) you should be prepared for the board to be faulty if all else is ruled out.
    Last edited by routercnc; 15-05-2015 at 07:17 AM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information