7 Dir - Z

it IS:
    2 PUL - X
    3 Dir - X
    4 PUL - Y
    5 Dir - Y
    6 Pul - Z
    7 Dir - Z
    Ok well those pics are about much use as fart in space suit but I think I get the problem.!

The BOB will have a 5V output supply. Take a wire from this to each of the Step & Dir (+) on the drives. This should get you working.

If you look close at pics 4&5 you will see a brown wire with a white stripe on one side (looks almost like a white wire) going from the 5vdc+ on the breakout board to the PUL+ and a jumper from PUL+ to Dir+ on each controllers. I have put a volt meter on all three and they all have 5vdc power. I also checked all three power supplies and they all have the proper power output. I rechecked all connections and wires to be sure they are all in the proper places.

Quote Originally Posted by shipper506 View Post
    correction to previous post it is NOT:
    2 Dir + X
    3 Dir - X
    4 Dir + Y
    5 Dir - Y
    6 Dir + Z
    7 Dir - Z

it IS:
    2 PUL - X
    3 Dir - X
    4 PUL - Y
    5 Dir - Y
    6 Pul - Z
    7 Dir - Z
    Right then you have it wired correctly. So now just enter the corrected pin numbers into mach3 motor outputs for step and direction of each axis. Don't forget the port number which will most likely be 1. Also make sure enabled is ticked.

I have to work the next 7 days strait so i will not be able to physically work on the machine but i will be reading about the setup and maybe i missed something. I'll let you know how it goes.
    A side note: I did notice the X and Y steppers get warm when its on for more than an hour or so. I set them all for half power when stopped.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have to work the next 7 days strait so i will not be able to physically work on the machine but i will be reading about the setup and maybe i missed something. I'll let you know how it goes.
    A side note: I did notice the X and Y steppers get warm when its on for more than an hour or so. I set them all for half power when stopped.
    It is normal for them to get warm so that's fine. ..Clive

A thought has just occurred to me (and before you ask no it didn't hurt much LOL). On the breakout board should i be able to take a volt ohm meter and verify the pin numbers are correct?

PART !:
    all of the limit switches work and the E-stop works. I have no motor control - i will attempt to explain how everything is connected and show pictures - maybe i'm missing something. the schematics i used to wire everything is pic-1, 2, 3 and 4 (exception is there is a power supply for each motor driver)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	15315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	15316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	15317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0143.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	15318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	338.6 KB 
ID:	15319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	15320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	15321  

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    PART !:
    all of the limit switches work and the E-stop works. I have no motor control - i will attempt to explain how everything is connected and show pictures - maybe i'm missing something. the schematics i used to wire everything is pic-1, 2, 3 and 4 (exception is there is a power supply for each motor driver)
    Looking at the bob where the 5V power is connected does it need 5V connecting to the VDD terminal ? ..Clive

Remove the wire going to the Enable on the drives you don't need that. This won't be your problem as it's not going to ground but still remove it.

Other than that it looks correctly wired. So if your still not getting any motor movement then you must have the control software set wrong.
    The VDD Clive mentions is if you use 10V I think and you have to change a jumper on the board if using 10V.

One more thing is take off the tie wrap cable ties. It's not a good idea to strap signal wires together with power wires as you'll get cross contamination on the signals from EMF electrical noise.
    Also if the wire your using for the motors isn't shielded and the shield correctly grounded then you could end up with problems from electrical noise causeing false e-stops or worse missed steps etc.

Show some screen shots of how you set the Motor outputs in control software.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information