. .
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Its not something daft like a sticky relay is it? Can you fit another relay and see if it does the same with it? Do you have any standard relays, not a solid state one that you can try?

If you think it is the relay sticky just lift one wire off the contact that would be the same as the relay being open. ..Clive

Trouble is im not the best with the wiring i have to depend on you guys to wire it up for me virtually haha its a shame you aint near newcastle and would of paid for you to wire it up if you had the time.

The relay is brand new

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Trouble is im not the best with the wiring i have to depend on you guys to wire it up for me virtually haha its a shame you aint near newcastle and would of paid for you to wire it up if you had the time.

The relay is brand new
    Ok but it helps if you can give a bit more info in exactly what you have done.
    Did this work before you put the solid state relay on. Some of those relays need more than 5 volts for them to work.

Thanks Clive, the system works at the moment with the wires from the switches into pins 16 and 25 of the board. However the software will not disengage the motors. This is what it's been like since I was told what to buy and where to put it.

I understand it's frustrating for you guys trying to help please bear with me I appreciate your help

I don't know if the pictures helped. Just incase here is my wiring 'text-ogram'

240v - 12v transformer
    12v+ into pin 2 on the relay.
    12v- to servo driver

Relay
    Terminal +3 to pin 16 on the board.
    Terminal 4 to pin 25 on the board

I was later told to put 3-4 into the 5v pins on the board but that didn't even fire up the motors.

Be very careful using semiconductor relays. The type you are using is designed to switch AC loads only. If you try and use it to switch DC loads it will probably turn on, but may not turn off because the current does not go through zero. The other thing to bear in mind is that all relays have a minimum switching current. For the part you are using it is specified at 150mA RMS. Are you sure your drivers are taking this much current. When selecting a relay try to not over spec it, you are using a 25A relay to maybe switch 0.04A.

So do you think I'm using the wrong relay?

If you are switching 12V DC, then yes I think it is the wrong relay. I am a little unclear what voltage you are using. You show on your diagram a DC voltage with the + and -, but describe a transformer which is AC. I have assumed (possibly wrongly) that you are actually using a 240V AC to 12V DC power supply.

Do you have the specification for the inputs to the drivers ? AC or DC and how much current. When you know this you can the choose a better relay or other driver.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information