. .
    Lee / All,

Would it be possible, and what does everyone think about having a londer 'trending now' list at the top of the page (i.e. not worried about the repeated side bar).

Reason is that this site is so popular with lots of posts that anything over about 2 days old drops off the bottom and is therefore sometimes not seen / answered by the community as a whole. I know I only click on the trending now links rather than anything historical.

As for how much longer then probably about half as many again to give it '3-4 days worth of posts?'.
    Last edited by routercnc; 03-04-2015 at 10:53 PM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    +one Clive

+1

Hiya,

The trending now widget is for just that, discussions that are trending, a thread with no replies isn't a discussion (yet) and therefore can't really be trending...

What you really want, is a shortcut to a forum-wide search (search is your friend), no problem, please see the attached screen shot of a new "quick link" that now lives in the main nav bar, i've given it options that i think should cover what most would be looking for.

Thanks for the feedback, let me know what you think

.Me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nocomment.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	15101  
    .Me

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I don't think that was the problem. Say if you had not been around for 3 days then you miss posts if they have dropped off the trending list. I know you have to stop somewhere but 2-3 days is quite short? Just my 2 cents worth. ..Clive

Well yea you would but that is because it's a trending list not a "posts since your last visit" list. In that case you should go to "New Posts" Clive as that's based on your last visit to the forum and shows all since then and those you haven't read yet.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 04-04-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    .Me

Lee you are missing the point I think. I use the new post list. But I read most of the posts on the forum but if you have been away or you have clicked the read button the its hard to catch up.
    It's no big deal though. ..Clive

Ok I see where you are coming from and I'll give that a try. The unanswered posts option could also be useful
    Thanks
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

I agree the trending list does need to be longer. Me personally I haven't got time to be searching to find people who need answering but I'll gladly answer if they are there in front of me and trending is the first thing you see.

What's the the problem with making it longer anyway surely it won't hurt but only make it better.!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    +1
    a thread with no replies isn't a discussion (yet) and therefore can't really be trending...
    Threads with 0 replies show do in the Trending list though, there's 2 in there now ;-)

Thread Information