. .
    Having trouble after having to change PC.
    Was running Mach 3 (demo) on a HP PC which has now died and have installed mach3 on a dell optiiplex 740 (the only other machine I had with rs232 interface. Running 32 bit windows 7 (old one had XP on) using it with routout interface.
    Have copied my sherline.XML profile across but not having any luck getting it to run.
    The z axis will jog and it will go to zero but x&y are not doing anything.
    I think I am going round in circles and missing something obvious.
    I thought port and pins was in the sherline profile but am I mistaken. Are there any other files I should copy over to my mach3 folder?
    I didn't set up the hardware etc myself originally it was purchased ready to run and so unfortunately this is almost a first time setup for me although I have been using it.
    Have watched YouTube setup videos etc and read anything I can find about setting up but don't seem to be any further on.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Check the BOB in the box for your pin settings, Routout CNC BOBs are very clearly labelled, when I wanted to add a 4th and additional inputs to my old Routout CNC box I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the parts and clarity of the board labelling I found inside.
    This is my pin settings screen, if the bits you have working match then it might be the same -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi3sf5nky0...38.17.png?dl=0

Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 21-04-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Thank you Nick. Off to try that now. I did make a little progress during the middle of the night in a "it's playing on my mind" moment. I found and downloaded "routout CNC" and it sorry of responded. It have some odd movements in response to jog but relatively uncontrolled. But it did at least m move in x y and z. That has made me suspect that the "driver" may be the culprit. Taking the cover of the breakout board now.

Motor speed and acceleration settings in MACH3 will have a big impact on how your axes run.
    I moved the entire setup from my CNC PC to my Laptop by copying files across and all the settings transferred, it might be worth reading around the subject on the MACH3 forum and backing everything up once you get it running again,

- Nick

I have got all of the folders etc from the old system. I did copy the XML file into the new install. I thought that contained all the relevant settings. That was one of the reasons I was beginning to suspect the driver. Thanks for the screen shot. Yes my settings are and were the same (on the copied profile). I still have the old hard drive from the old HP and backups on Dropbox of the old installation., again, another reason why I'm suspecting something odd on a mixture of the driver and a dell optiplex 740.
    Last edited by Neeps; 21-04-2015 at 10:11 AM.

5V Parallel port????
    A lot of newer ones aren't and the unbuffered RoutOut BOB will not help by boosting the signal to the driver boards.

Think you may have hit the nail on the head. That would make sense. Will try the old HP PC with another video card and hope it will boot. Think I have exhausted other possibilities. Right, of to the old PC so to try and find an old video card!

Thank you Nick. Now working 100%. It was definitely the printer port on the dell optiplex 740 . put a new video card into the old HP pavilion and it booted up. And it all ran first time, same settings. Definitely need to bear that in mind if changing PC's thanks again.

Thread Information