. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi,
    what are the exact planned distances in mm for the different color lines, see picture below.

Red line bearing spacing distance seems too small for that enormously long Z, doesn't matter that the Z is 3 rail supported. Best would be if is same distance like violet line.
    Meaning 250mm is not right here. ~350mm is more sound. Have in mind that mostly and only Lower bearing blocks take the force, so should be up to the task of coping with 900mm extended axis acting as a lever. Proving that with a calculation would be useful. The upper bearing block acts only as lever arm so basically is doing nothing apart from levering, hence the distance here is extremely important.

Why so long Z? Longest reasonably Z IMHO is 500mm. Unless you plan to shape only egg statues . The z assembly will intefere, so i dont see what the benefit will be of so long axis.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	528 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	15252  
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Blue 318mm
    red 240mm
    violet 260mm

The travel on the Z-axis is 350mm which is I think is about correct to mill/sculpt human torso(with separate arms) which is the work envelope that I'm trying to achieve. So I might have exaggerated its length in an earlier post!

So with the 350mm z-axis travel do you still think that this machine would benefit if I increased the distance between the Y-axis rails to 350mm?
    Also do you think that the design benefits from the 3rd rails on both the y-axis and z-axis?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scculpt example.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	15254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scculpt example.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	15255  

Difficult to say.

On my current build both red and violet distances are around 350mm and even without 3rd gantry profile and 3rd rail on z all looks like it will reap aluminum like butter , i would say steel will not be a problem at all with small cutters.

So in your case for me it seems logical to extend the red distance a bit. Though the third rail a kind of compensates for that.

I second the previous advice given to you. Make sure piece by piece its possible to fix all together and align it/ tram it/ . Its a complex assembly so dry test all in software.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information