. .
    http://www.openbuilds.com/
    http://ooznest.co.uk/

iv been looking at building my own machine I can do it with basic tools if I buy from here anyone wana chip in let me is it worth it or not cheers

-Which one you are looking at?
    -What exactly do you want to do with it?\
    -What are your expectations?
    -Whats your budget?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I've not seen any kits on these sites worth the effort of making and I certainly wouldn't buy plans or Kits.! . . For instance Like Ox (ooznest) machine.!!

Any machine that uses roller bearings direct on aluminium profile is asking for trouble down the line. In not very much time the bearings will wear grove in profile. Chips, dust etc will cause binding and stalling motors and all sorts of head banging sessions will start.
    Then you have the small matter of strength and accurecy / finish quality.!!. . . Or more the point they don't have any stength and accurecy will be low due to flex which will affect finish quality on the work piece.

Simple fact is these light weight kits which appear cheap are really false economy because they are Shite and will in most cases dissapoint leading to just a few outcomes.?
    #1 Re-build and upgrade which is again waste of time and money.!! . . . Can't make silk purse out of sow's ear.!!
    #2 Start again and build what you should have done in first place.! . . Put the wasted time and money down to experience.
    #3 Become disillusioned with CNC and give it up as bad job.!! . . . Put wasted time and money down to experience.!!
    #4 Live with limited capabiltys and poor quality.!! . . . Put Wasted time and poor quality down to experience.!!

So can you see the Theme of what will be.?? . . . It will always be an Expense PIG that isn't very good.!

Thread Information