. .
    hi all, i am wondering what people do to varnish products faster, i have been brushing everything but its taking so long, does anyone use a sprayers and if so what type of varnish and how are u thinning it etc, ps i do not have a compressor so would be an electric sprayer

Lives in a, Netherlands. Last Activity: 07-05-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 46. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Not faster in application but a lot faster as a process:

Epifanes rapidclear and rapidcoat are semigloss yacht varnishes that can be re-applied after 6 hours without sanding in between layers.
    If you need high gloss then finish with that after a few layers of rapid-.

For me that means that I can varnish all wood on my boat in one weekend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sven For This Useful Post:

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi
    A lot of joiners spray furniture/cabinets do a search for High Volume Low Pressure
    (HVLP) sprayers, you get less overspray and use less finish.
    Regards
    Mike

~In the past, I have used melamine lacquer. The stuff I used dried very quickly and hardened over 24 hours (I think it absorbed carbon dioxide from the air as a catalytic hardener). When it had hardened it was super tough. I sprayed it with a high pressure gun, but in those days HVLP was not invented.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/chestnut-melamine-lacquer
    Last edited by cropwell; 03-05-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Thread Information