. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    This is the vital fact, I have found the negative side of this equation - low accel/high speed and what it does with Mach3 is give terrible contour following because of the constant velocity engine Mach uses. Its not just a little bad, it's the difference between turning out scrap and turning out parts.

I have retuned with lower speed as higher acceleration was too jerky on my old Bridgeport conversion and its all working nicely now.
    Exactly Dave. Like all things in life Balance is the Key. Good machine is tuned with nice balance of speed and Acceleration.
    Getting wrong either way will have negative affect on machines performance in different areas of work type.

For instance your case of high feed but with low accelration caused corner rounding. This was on relatively small parts with tight radius on small machine. On larger machine like router with larger parts say doors or shaped work tops etc with no or large radius sections then high feeds with Lower Accel will be ideal.

Different strokes for different folks, Or machines in this case.!

This is why Mach3 and some other Control software will let have you have different profiles which can be used to have machine tuned or setup differently to optimise the type of work your doing.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-01-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Not quite sure what your saying here Boyan.? . . . . Are you trying to say this isn't achievable with steppers.? Because if so then your very wrong.!
    I am saying you are our hero and i am happy that i found this forum and we learned to build machines that are superb for the money and better than crappy commercial ones where usually they have some major flaw in design.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 34 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I am saying you are our hero and i am happy that i found this forum and we learned to build machines that are superb for the money and better than crappy commercial ones where usually they have some major flaw in design.
    creep
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Ah ah now your just blowing smoke up my jacksy.! . . . . . I understand.

5. Here is my Wiring diagram done with tinyCad and some Dean pictures

the Bob is a Mesa 5i25+7i76 (LinuxCnc)

1 A Pilz S4 is not in use but it could be if needed
    2 a second Contactor could be use if necessary for the 70v steppers supply
    3 The limits directly controls the safety S5 pilz relay.
    4 The S5 cuts all signals immediatly and after a delay cuts the main on the VFD
    5 Home could be connected to one input but i have 32 inputs so more than needed.

i've already tested the inductive sensor action on pilz s5, it works.. that may not be the best solution ?

Comments are Welcome !
    thanks for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tinycad cncPA diagram.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tinycad cncPA diagram.png 
Views:	672 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	21332  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pierantoine; 01-04-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 34 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Its nice to see other Mesa users on here. Do you need the 10V power supply ie can't this be got from the VFD if it is only for spindle speed?

I am not sure I would connect the 24V -ve to the star Gnd. I would however connect the 5v and 24v -ve together.

Make sure you have the switches on the 7i76 in the correct positions, W2 needs to be in the right hand position if you are using external 5v supply Also on the 5i25 W1 and W2 should be in the down position (default) when using external 5v to the 7i76) otherwise the magic smoke will appear. If you know this already then fine.

PNP sensors work best on the 7i76 although I do use NPN.

You might find this useful https://forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kun...2016-12-03.pdf

I could not open your drawing in acad so find it a bit hard to read.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

8. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Its nice to see other Mesa users on here.
    Hi Clive thanks for your help !
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Do you need the 10V power supply ie can't this be got from the VFD if it is only for spindle speed?
    I didn't know this solution, I will take a look.
    I am not sure I would connect the 24V -ve to the star Gnd. I would however connect the 5v and 24v -ve together.
    Ok thanks that's a question i had in mind..
    Make sure you have the switches on the 7i76 in the correct positions, W2 needs to be in the right hand position if you are using external 5v supply Also on the 5i25 W1 and W2 should be in the down position (default) when using external 5v to the 7i76) otherwise the magic smoke will appear. If you know this already then fine.
    yes that is correct but thanks again, it could be useful for another reader of the post.
    Oh Yes ! Really interesting !
    I could not open your drawing in acad so find it a bit hard to read.
    I've added a pdf it will be more clear
    Last edited by pierantoine; 01-04-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information