. .
    has anyone watched an episode of this yet?ive been waiting for it to be shown on british tv,im not familiar with the channel it was first aired on and don't know if its on others,anyway it looks interesting.
    the uk is lacking these kind of programs big time,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CSwOebmb0A

Just watched the tour at the Haas factory. Impressive.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I love watching these things and Agree we need similair in UK to get our manufacturing industry kick started again.!!. . . . BUT that Man is THE most annoying Dick so can do without HIM.!! . . . He winds me up Big time.!!!

agreed I got back into the fabrication lark a while back after a few years away from it and it was a real eye opener.
    there still seems to be loads of work out there ,where I work we make huge Mazak enclosures for slantbeds etc other sections there do work for sandvik and terrex and the likes, but the place must be 50% eastern European. and there work is shit...and the same goes for the place before that...
    but the employers love em because there cheap this intern keeps wages low im actually earning less now than I was in the late 90,s early 2000 for the same work its unbelievable.
    so many skilled lads ive known over the years have hung up there masks sold off their tools and turned to something else,all that skill down the drain.
    all this there here to do the jobs we wont do is myth,its employers taking the piss.
    personally I think there should be a cap in place on the number of migrant workers an employer can employ at any one time.

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    all this there here to do the jobs we wont do is myth,its employers taking the piss.
    personally I think there should be a cap in place on the number of migrant workers an employer can employ at any one time.
    Please Don't start taking me down this road I'll get into Soooooo much trouble.!!!. . . . Maggie shutting all Pit's down was devastating enough for this area and now this invasion is just pushing things too far.!! . . . . . Sooner rather than later things are going to Go POP.!!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Please Don't start taking me down this road I'll get into Soooooo much trouble.!!!. . . . Maggie shutting all Pit's down was devastating enough for this area and now this invasion is just pushing things too far.!! . . . . . Sooner rather than later things are going to Go POP.!!
    I think its getting past your bedtime you might blow a fuse or something. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I think its getting past your bedtime you might blow a fuse or something. ..Clive
    Sorry Dad I went straight to bed when told.!!

The factory tour video is impressive!
    Last edited by TheGoodGuy; 13-01-2017 at 04:14 AM.

you lot should get together and knock up a pilot then pitch it to discovery

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dazza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    you lot should get together and knock up a pilot then pitch it to discovery
    They should come here and see me and my mate in action.!! . . It's cross between American Chooper, Moon shiners, Deadlist Catch and Fred Dibner and on Good week Naked and Afraid.!! . . . . . . Just we Make Chooper Teutuls arguing look like play fighting, Hillybilly's look intelligent, fishermen Soft and Freds our Hero so not a bad word for him will we tolerate .!! . . .How Naked and Afraid depends On Guiness consumption and how many Women in vicinity. .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-06-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information