. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi all i contacted the forum sometime ago asking for advice on buying a benchtop CNC. I have 'spent some time away' and am no further forward. I have relooked at Prototool S1000 and BZT Pf1000. Any thoughts from anyone

Heiz T-1000, early impressions.

I don't like non supported rails machines. However for that price this could be expected. This is a basic frame machine. Said simply i don't like it at all.

For same money you could make it DIY much more better with Hiwin supported rails and good electronics, if you are into that i mean. A lot of build threads in the forum, so its not so difficult to take the plunge.

You did not say what you will do with it? So my advice is if you are in a hurry or don't like to build and the projects are small and in metal better buy converted small CNC mill or just small CNC mill. If you need something bigger, it a safe bet to buy a machine made from sb in the forum, look at sales section, some people do by custom order. Prepare more money for that, for much better machine.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Rich. I think the rather reclusive CNC wizard JasonJack in New Zealand might have a machine for sale like the one he built for me but it is a bit smaller than the bed size you are thinking of. The one I bought is phenomenally accurate (I've used it to machine lenses the size of a pea with a brilliant surface finish) and very fast with servo motors and ball screws. I think I paid about £7k for mine. You could try emailing him [email protected] although he is building a house so might take a day or two to reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information