Ok, introductions over, may i now beg some advice.

I manufacture giftware and am looking to move into carved wood items and maybe carry out some engraving on pewter. I started off looking at small table-top machines but then figured the usefulness of a half-sheet or even full-sheet machine with a vacumn bed would be invaluable. But then I had a rethink, firstly the prices but also I realised that one thing I would like to be able to do is to cut dovetails etc which would mean removing the bed to clamp one half of the joint vertically. I've now decided the best option would be to go for something like a 60/90 with a conventional bed. To be honest this would probably cope with most of the jobs I would want but, if I did need to upgrade in future, then the smaller machine would be useful dedicated to tasks such as jointing, eliminating lost time in re-configuring machine set-ups. As I said though, more than likely a 60/90 would be more than suitable.

Right, down to detail. The prices of the eBay type machines are incredibly attractive but I'm reluctant to spend on something that may not be up to the mark and not last very long. I looked at Axyz machines, it would be nice to buy the home produced item but they are rather pricey. I now have two manufacturers on my short list, High-Z and Rhonmac. I've seen a few comments on here about High-Z and, from what I can gather, are quite well respected. Rhonmac, on the other hand, I can find little information. Their website is appalling! Does anyone have any info? The spec for the RM6090 states the ballscrews are "made in Germany" but what about the rest of the machine? The accuracy is quoted as 0.05mm which is considerably worse than the High-Z but good enough? I don't know, anyone?

One last thing, I read somewhere that the bed could be removed on the High-Z and the whole machine placed on the working material and worked through the open bed, effectively making it limitless in X and Y. Is this practical?

Thanks in advance.