. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Jazz for that. I don't understand what you mean about the steps but that is due to my lack of knowledge! I will try and check what you suggest to check tomorrow and see if I can see any issues. Sorry for the shaky camera. If I cannot find anything and continue on with the job I will put a packer behind the plastic block to get the moving jaw of the vice further out of the way!

I wonder if I could have hit my shuttle with my hand or the mouse and if that did something. I seems odd that I have run the code many times since without issue. I am getting a little more familiar with mach3 I guess every one starts somewhere.

Thanks very much for now

Suesi

Hi gianluca_g,

Thank you for your msg and trying to help me I appreciate it. Your clock looks great.

Thanks

Suesi

Don't worry about not understanding the Steps thing as you don't need to understand to work the machine. All you need to check is that the machine returns to Zero. If it doesn't then we'll worry about teaching you all about Steps per etc.

Regards Knocking the Shuttle then I can't see that being the cause unless you accidentally caught it before pressing cycle start and set one or both the Axis DRO's so a number other than Zero was entered into the DRO's. Then the Zero location would be differant to where you thought it was.
    This is the only explination I can think of because if you was already deep into the material and the DRO changed from Zero to say +/- 5 then the machine would travel side ways.

Try this in air to see what I mean. Zero the DRO for X & Y then type 10 directly into either DRO. Then type G0 X0 or Y0 depending on which you changed into MDI input line and you'll see it moves sideways for that axis.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 06-06-2015 at 12:19 AM.

I have seen that happen to me in 2 scenarios.
    -while when machine is cutting i forget about that and cut something with the plasma cutter outside the room. I know right away that the machine misses a step, cause i have connected loudspeakers to the pc, cause when not cutting i am listening to music. So when it skips a step from inteference there is a "piu" sound in the garage

-i have one slippery, to say, collet for my 3mm bits. Some times i will not tighten it well, so the bit would dig and make something like that. but this machine is flimsy so i dont know if that could be your case
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    I have seen that happen to me in 2 scenarios.
    -while when machine is cutting i forget about that and cut something with the plasma cutter outside the room.
    Get your self a Cslabs controller.!!!. . . . I can cut with Plasma, weld with TIG or Mig right next to my machine while it's cutting and it doesn't even flinch.!!

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    -i have one slippery, to say, collet for my 3mm bits. Some times i will not tighten it well, so the bit would dig and make something like that. but this machine is flimsy so i dont know if that could be your case
    That crossed my mind Boyan but Wouldn't explain the shift to right thou would it unless it stalled motors first then ploughed on thru. Only Suesi will know for sure if he watched it close enough.
    Also the cutter would be stuck out further from collet which would be sign. As would it not going back to same height or back to zero in Z but he didn't check that I've already asked.!

Hi Jazz,
    Thank you very much mate for the help and for offering to teach me about the steps if need be.
    I didn't knock the Shuttle prior to the pressing cycle start, and I am sure the X and Y DRO's would have read zero. I guess I just got a little paranoid thinking perhaps I knocked it at the point when things went wrong. I will make the checks you suggested and then if nothing show I think carry on with great caution! The tips you have given me and the thought you have given my issue have provided some reassurance.
    All the best
    Suesi

Hi silyavski,

Many thanks for the reply here. I was not welding as don't know the first thing about welding. I have no speakers connected to my computer. I may have had a vacuum running but I doubt it as I was hardly intending to cut much the only other thing on would have been a Makita radio and dehumidifier.
    I don't think tool slippage was an issue in this case but thank you for the thought. One of my jobs on the horizon mind is to make a part to hold my tool holders.

As for an update on what happened I was stood right in front of the mill it started to go south and before I got to hit the E Stop the electric supply tripped and I was in the dark.

All the best

Suesi

The fact that the breaker/fuse for the mill didn't blow before the entire workshop power went out would worry me more than the mill running off.
    Do you know why the shop supply tripped out first?

- Nick

Hi magicniner,

Thank you for your msg. What you have said about why the shop supply has tripped out first has got me thinking for sure. I think it was because I have the shop supply plugged into a circuit breaker. Thanks for the thought Nick.

All the best

Suesi

Quote Originally Posted by suesi34e View Post
    As for an update on what happened I was stood right in front of the mill it started to go south and before I got to hit the E Stop the electric supply tripped and I was in the dark.
    That's pretty big detail you left out there Suesi sue.!! If you don't give all the details then it makes helping very difficult.!

When the Machine went wrong did the Spindle jam.? Being a DC motor this is about the only thing that would possibly hit the breaker hard as the converter ramps up the amps to try and maintain speed. Steppers would just stall and trip the drive rather than mains elecy.

Still doesn't explain why it went Awol but would explain the trip.!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information