. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    The danger of relying on experience in this way that find yourself reaching conclusions that your experience does not - and cannot - support. To put it another way; lifting 6 tonnes on rope specified for a safe working load of 1 tonne is a bad idea, even if you've 'done it before lots of times'. In fact, it's increasingly poor idea even as you gain more 'experience' that the rope you're using is 'much stronger than the spec sheet said'.

Why I'm objecting is that, whilst you have a lot of experience, 'Ethernet is much better than USB for Motion control' isn't a statement of your experience - you've extrapolated it into conjecture. You can tell it's not experience, because the existence of even one solid USB motion controller is sufficient to falsify your claim.
    Stop talking Bollocks your twisting things to fit.!! . . . . . Object all you like but end of the day we are talking MOTION CONTROL not Networking etc. I can honestly tell you with Hand on Heart I've never had a Machine stop or Dropout thru Ethernet failing on Any Motion control device I've used and I've used most of those in the Serious Hobby user market and some of the more expensive ones as well.
    Like wise I've had many many experiences thru helping others and costly experiences of my own thru lost material and time with USB driven Motion control cards or devices dropping out on Both Box PC's and Laptops. So I must object because My experience is very wide so therefore Valid and very much relavant to CNC MOTION CONTROL.!! . . . . Which is what we are talking about here.!!

No more will say on this because as Said it detracts from OP problem.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 03-06-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Thread Information