Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Have you seen that? Its some new contraption. What are your thoughts?

    I have seen similar but actuated by air and bigger, have seen rollers. I wonder how to suck the chips so the bearing balls could roll. May be blow away constantly the dust. I see a possibility that this could be very useful if the dust is evacuated somehow.

    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...08.4.11.lCkg65

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate.PNG 
Views:	187 
Size:	509.5 KB 
ID:	15483  
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  2. #2
    Looks very similar to a very old design for keeping constant torch height for plasma cutting/marking thin plate when the machine did not have thc.

  3. #3
    Agree. I was thinking more of a usfull for engraving big sheets of thin material, where the material is fixed at extremities but no vacuum table
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  4. #4
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,834. Received thanks 192 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    I'm thinking it could probably have uses on thin material where a vacuum bed is not available.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm thinking it could probably have uses on thin material where a vacuum bed is not available.
    ha ha, thinking the same at the same moment
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Agree. I was thinking more of a usfull for engraving big sheets of thin material, where the material is fixed at extremities but no vacuum table
    Exactly, I have more or less thought about the same thing/design in my head for working with thin wood sheets, 4, 6, 9mm ply and so on, this design isnt a bad one, for mine i considered bigger balls though and just LM type bearing units with round rail - manual adjustment.

    .Me
    .Me

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Exactly, I have more or less thought about the same thing/design in my head for working with thin wood sheets, 4, 6, 9mm ply and so on, this design isnt a bad one, for mine i considered bigger balls though and just LM type bearing units with round rail - manual adjustment.

    .Me
    The most useful i have seen till now are 2 gantry wide rollers that pneumatically actuate and roll in front and at back of spindle. A bit of overkill for home use though. Otherwise would have implemented them already in my OTT build
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    The most useful i have seen till now are 2 gantry wide rollers that pneumatically actuate and roll in front and at back of spindle. A bit of overkill for home use though. Otherwise would have implemented them already in my OTT build
    These are the units I was thinking about, didn't get as far as size just "head thoughts" to date but it's not complex design...

    Edit: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291159321989

    .Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-06-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    .Me

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    These are the units I was thinking about, didn't get as far as size just "head thoughts" to date but it's not complex design...

    Edit: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291159321989

    .Me
    if they are big enough and spring included somehow.


    these were the ones in my mind

    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  10. #10
    Well for spring I thought about just putting some on the linear rail that supports those units, adjust the spring as needed...job done
    .Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MSC Clamp set offer
    By mekanik in forum Workshop & Equipment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 07:25 PM
  2. what's the name of this clamp and where to get it in the UK
    By dsc in forum Tool & Tooling Technology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-12-2014, 02:06 AM
  3. Vacuum pump for a large matrix bed cnc 5 by 10 foot
    By gavztheouch in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
  4. Changes a foot????
    By Swarfing in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-06-2013, 10:44 PM
  5. Step clamp
    By Lee Roberts in forum Programmers Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-10-2008, 02:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •