. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Have you seen that? Its some new contraption. What are your thoughts?

I have seen similar but actuated by air and bigger, have seen rollers. I wonder how to suck the chips so the bearing balls could roll. May be blow away constantly the dust. I see a possibility that this could be very useful if the dust is evacuated somehow.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...08.4.11.lCkg65

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate.PNG 
Views:	648 
Size:	509.5 KB 
ID:	15483  
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Looks very similar to a very old design for keeping constant torch height for plasma cutting/marking thin plate when the machine did not have thc.

Agree. I was thinking more of a usfull for engraving big sheets of thin material, where the material is fixed at extremities but no vacuum table

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm thinking it could probably have uses on thin material where a vacuum bed is not available.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm thinking it could probably have uses on thin material where a vacuum bed is not available.
    ha ha, thinking the same at the same moment

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Agree. I was thinking more of a usfull for engraving big sheets of thin material, where the material is fixed at extremities but no vacuum table
    Exactly, I have more or less thought about the same thing/design in my head for working with thin wood sheets, 4, 6, 9mm ply and so on, this design isnt a bad one, for mine i considered bigger balls though and just LM type bearing units with round rail - manual adjustment.

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Exactly, I have more or less thought about the same thing/design in my head for working with thin wood sheets, 4, 6, 9mm ply and so on, this design isnt a bad one, for mine i considered bigger balls though and just LM type bearing units with round rail - manual adjustment.

.Me
    The most useful i have seen till now are 2 gantry wide rollers that pneumatically actuate and roll in front and at back of spindle. A bit of overkill for home use though. Otherwise would have implemented them already in my OTT build

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    The most useful i have seen till now are 2 gantry wide rollers that pneumatically actuate and roll in front and at back of spindle. A bit of overkill for home use though. Otherwise would have implemented them already in my OTT build
    These are the units I was thinking about, didn't get as far as size just "head thoughts" to date but it's not complex design...

Edit: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291159321989

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-06-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    These are the units I was thinking about, didn't get as far as size just "head thoughts" to date but it's not complex design...

Edit: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291159321989

.Me
    if they are big enough and spring included somehow.

these were the ones in my mind

Well for spring I thought about just putting some on the linear rail that supports those units, adjust the spring as needed...job done
    .Me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information