Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11
    Excellent buy Chaz.!!

    If you can fix the PC/OS then it would be worth either replacing the Transformers or buying 415V converter and keeping original.

    If you replace the Controller for Mach3 system then you will need analog controller as the servos are analog not Step & direction. Also if using the IP-A then you'll need to check the Servo's have differential encoders on them and Not single ended type. If so you'll have to replace them if possible or get some sort of line converter setup.!

    Change transformer for drives etc and Small 0.75Kw VFD will sort the collant pump.

    That wiring diagram is going to be priceless but you've still got plenty of head scratching coming your way. Lol

  2. #12
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 9 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 975. Received thanks 70 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Excellent buy Chaz.!!

    If you can fix the PC/OS then it would be worth either replacing the Transformers or buying 415V converter and keeping original.

    If you replace the Controller for Mach3 system then you will need analog controller as the servos are analog not Step & direction. Also if using the IP-A then you'll need to check the Servo's have differential encoders on them and Not single ended type. If so you'll have to replace them if possible or get some sort of line converter setup.!

    Change transformer for drives etc and Small 0.75Kw VFD will sort the collant pump.

    That wiring diagram is going to be priceless but you've still got plenty of head scratching coming your way. Lol
    Thanks, lots to do still. I need to take a good look on the weekend and see what I can understand. I want to get ordering and fixing but need to be careful not to piss away money.

    How difficult to tell what encoders are on the servos? Would I see something from the wiring or drive or do I have to see the actual motor?

    So if I do retrofit, the ideal controller here is the CS Labs IP-S ? Will this drive using the existing drives or do you think they will need to be replaced? Same question for the motors.

    Thanks all!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    So if I do retrofit, the ideal controller here is the CS Labs IP-S ? Will this drive using the existing drives or do you think they will need to be replaced? Same question for the motors.
    NO you need the IP-A because the servos are Analog servos and won't accept Step & Dir signals.

    You will be able to re-use motors and drives. The motor manual should tell you type of encoders.! But Single ended will have 5 wires. Differential will have 8 or more wires.

  4. #14
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 9 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 975. Received thanks 70 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    NO you need the IP-A because the servos are Analog servos and won't accept Step & Dir signals.

    You will be able to re-use motors and drives. The motor manual should tell you type of encoders.! But Single ended will have 5 wires. Differential will have 8 or more wires.
    Sorry, yes, meant A.

  5. #15
    Great buy! Good luck!

    I think that the pump can be wired for 2 phase 230V, as you could see on the plate

    you may watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UcDM3hm0XM
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  6. #16
    i2i's Avatar
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-12-2016 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 693. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Chaz, if you need any help i can pm you my phone number for a chat about this machine. It's a pretty easy conversion to mach as everything bar the coolant pump will run on single phase and the coolant pump will run off an inverter in delta. I had the same machine here and ran it for ages before i went to a bigger mill.

    ps. it looks like all the pneumatic controls are missing, unless they're in the base of the box.
    Last edited by i2i; 16-06-2015 at 07:28 PM.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Chaz, if you need any help i can pm you my phone number for a chat about this machine.
    Chaz don't mess around on here phone the man ASAP.!!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Chaz don't mess around on here phone the man ASAP.!!
    Great buy Chaz, well done. I have had several Easy/Star/Nova mills and thought the Denford quality very good. You can easily run the coolant pump from 230v single phase in delta using either an inverter or caps (caps are very easy, very cheap). I have never met or spoken to i2i, but have heard from a couple of sources that he has converted quite a lot of Denfords. Good luck with this project. G.

  9. #19
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 9 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 975. Received thanks 70 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Chaz, if you need any help i can pm you my phone number for a chat about this machine. It's a pretty easy conversion to mach as everything bar the coolant pump will run on single phase and the coolant pump will run off an inverter in delta. I had the same machine here and ran it for ages before i went to a bigger mill.

    ps. it looks like all the pneumatic controls are missing, unless they're in the base of the box.
    Many thanks. Was out at a work event last night so didn't get time to look. Checked again this morning, pneumatics clearly missing. Does anyone have any pics of what I'm looking for that's missing? I'll ask the school too, then again, that might be why it was no longer being used. The metalworking teacher left 2 years ago and the machines have stood since.

    With the retrofit to Mach, what controller did you use or suggest now if looking at this?

    I'll pm for your contact details. Really hope the missing part is found or not too difficult / expensive to source. It's part of the ATC?

  10. #20
    Great find/buy, you lucky lucky man, looking forward to seeing this one unfold.

    .Me
    .Me

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FOR SALE: Denford Triac CNC PC
    By ricey3 in forum Items For Sale
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2017, 01:39 PM
  2. Help Denford triac p.c.
    By mikeulike in forum Denford Mills
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 03:59 PM
  3. eBay: Denford Triac with Mach3 Conversion
    By large519 in forum Items On eBay UK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 05:34 PM
  4. CONVERSION: Denford Triac Mach3 conversion
    By rnr107 in forum Conversion Build Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-10-2014, 02:44 PM
  5. WANTED: Denford Triac
    By edwardsjc in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •