. .
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    On the topic of isolation, when providing 24V for the purpose of something like a limit switch, should this come from the same 24V that powers the CS Labs unit or one of the outputs of the device itself to try provide some level of isolation?
    For limits Just use the same source that you power the unit with. But if you are keeping full Isolation using a separate source then best pulling from this and powering the unit for it's own personal source.

Personally I just pull from one source and never had any issues.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    i don't remember the m8 thread being fine, and the mounting thread could be 22mm. It's been quite a while since i did one, check the one you have on there.
    I thought it was M8 fine simply as the standard M8 bolt I have didnt thread, it started and then stopped. Could have been dirt but felt like a different thread.

In terms of the mounting, yes, its around 22mm. The parker units I was looking at seem to be larger, might need to look at another option. RS Components has a number of actuators, not cheap, but have stock and variety.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    RS are expensive for pneumatics, but they're mostly supplying repairers who will pay extra to get a machine back up and running quickly. Parker are also expensive if you're paying full price, but machine builders get quite big discounts, which is why they're so popular.
    Try the Norgren catalogue to see if you can match the cylinders - http://www.norgren.com/uk/info/12/actuators
    Once you have a part number, try googling it to see who can supply it. I've not used pneumatic actuators for a long time, but the hardest part was always identifying what you need.
    There is a possibility the threads could be imperial, so could be worth investing in a couple sets of imperial and metric thread pitch gauges, as pneumatics/hydraulics still use quite a bit of imperial.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    RS are expensive for pneumatics, but they're mostly supplying repairers who will pay extra to get a machine back up and running quickly. Parker are also expensive if you're paying full price, but machine builders get quite big discounts, which is why they're so popular.
    Try the Norgren catalogue to see if you can match the cylinders - http://www.norgren.com/uk/info/12/actuators
    Once you have a part number, try googling it to see who can supply it. I've not used pneumatic actuators for a long time, but the hardest part was always identifying what you need.
    There is a possibility the threads could be imperial, so could be worth investing in a couple sets of imperial and metric thread pitch gauges, as pneumatics/hydraulics still use quite a bit of imperial.
    Ive looked at 3 sets of suppliers now including Norgren. For a 25mm bore, they all use M10 for the rod. I could drill / tap if needed, not ideal but if If Im not going to get the original part, Ill need to make a plan.

Actually, thinking about it last night, when I checked, I was in a rush. I grabbed a bolt which I thought was M8 but I think its M10. Ill measure tonight to be sure. Ive found what I believe to be the same Joucomatic part as what is on the up / down, its also 10mm. The mounting nut is 22mm which is correct.

These guys will probably have what you want and just over hill in sheffied. . . . http://www.airaccessories.co.uk/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    These guys will probably have what you want and just over hill in sheffied. . . . http://www.airaccessories.co.uk/
    Thanks, have emailed them. A bit disappointed in many of the local companies. They clearly dont need my business. Have asked a few for assistance with little response. Hopefully these guys can help.

OK, the thread is M10 fine for the actuators. M10 x 1.25, all the specs are the same.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    this is weird, the last time i changed one of these i had no problem getting an exact replacement and as low as £12. It was a couple of years ago but there were loads about.

When I replaced a pneumatic lift ram on my SCM I contacted a company in Derby - SGS - tel no. 01332 576850. I ordered a ram at 4pm on a Friday and was told I could collect at 8 am the next morning. I thought that was fantastic service and the cost was less than 50% of the SCM part, I simply had to tell them the required cylinder dimensions, stroke, force rating and end connection details. I don't know if this helps, but it is probably worth a try. G.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information