. .
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Thanks. I have a question about enabling '0V' for the drives.

Currently, to enable the drives, I need to provide 0V to a certain wire which allows a relay to activate (24V).

I have looked at the wiring diagrams and believe I understand how to wire the limits, E Stop, spindle activate etc.

What I am unsure of is how to enable a 0V grounding to enable the drives. I could reverse the wiring which means that it will switch the relay on, on providing 24V. There seems to be a specific way to do this in the manual as per below. Here, it seems to be for the same purpose but the 24V and 0V are reversed. Is this what I need?

There is also an option for 'low active', does this inverse the logic to satisfy the current need for 0V?

On the topic of the 24V PSU, if you look carefully, there is a bridge there .... :-(

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 07.42.48.png 
Views:	841 
Size:	382.8 KB 
ID:	15613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19064986381_18cc618d5b_b.jpg 
Views:	805 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	15614  
    Last edited by Chaz; 23-06-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    On the topic of 'enabling', for solenoids etc, I assume it will be custom macros and commands to allow various outputs to be switched on and off as needed?
    Last edited by Chaz; 23-06-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Chaz For the sake of clarity please be aware that the word grounding is not always the same as 0V. Grounding usually what is referred to as the star point ie earth. OV is the -ve from the power supply (but is not always at earth potential). ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chaz For the sake of clarity please be aware that the word grounding is not always the same as 0V. Grounding usually what is referred to as the star point ie earth. OV is the -ve from the power supply (but is not always at earth potential). ..Clive
    Thanks, understood, will be careful with the terminology in future for the sake of clarity.

Chaz the Cslabs Controller outputs are PNP logic so you can't control 0v only Load. So change the relay around and provide it with Positive.
    The way the outputs work is you provide 24V and 0v to each bank of 4 outputs. Then each output switches the Load. The Load must share the 0v of the Output.

It's similair with Inputs as well except that each individual Input is provided with 24v & 0v but you can choose which to sense. So can use NPN or PNP logic if required.

The HV option could be used for enableing the drives but again it just uses an Output so will be PNP logic.
    Low active just changes how it reacts or switches and doesn't inverse the voltage etc. IE: Active if Voltage goes High(24v) or Active if voltage goes Low(0v)
    Or in case of outputs If OUTPUT High Turn it Low when active and vise versa.!

EDIT: If controlling relay with OUTPUT make sure the relay coil load isn't more than 250mA otherwise you'll damage the OUTPUT.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 23-06-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    On the topic of 'enabling', for solenoids etc, I assume it will be custom macros and commands to allow various outputs to be switched on and off as needed?
    Depends what your controlling to whether it's Commands in a Macro or G-code commands. Both will control Outputs or inputs for turning things on or off.
    So for instance to turn on Spindle and Coolant you'll use M3 and M8 which are G-code commands. M5 and M9 will turn them off.

For tool change you'll use M6 which then reads commands in a Script. This is where you use commands to turn on solenoids etc or read sensors etc and position the machine in correct place for tool change.!! . . . . This is where the funs starts.! . . Lol

The Cslabs have a very nice feature in that you can use Modbus to control the I/O directly in the controller and completely separate to Mach3 making it very flexible to what can be done with more features than what Mach3 allows and more reliable.! . . . Bit advanced maybe at this stage but you'll like it one day., ,Lol

Thanks JazzCNC.

I am trying to get the missing solenoids replaced but am stuck with 1 open question.

There are 4 x small pipes going up to the ATC for left / right / up / down and one single 6mm OD pipe for what I believe to be the drawbar.

When you look at the spindle however, there is a single pipe, I presume this is the same 6mm pipe to activate the drawbar?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18712528910_1ab43a631f_b.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	15616  

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    the 6mm pipe is for the drawbar

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    the 6mm pipe is for the drawbar
    Perfect, thanks.

Getting pricing from http://www.jjairsystems.co.uk/ for the manifold, 5 solenoids (2 x ATC left / right), 2 x ATC down / up and drawbar).

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    you wont need 5, just three. The in/out can be done with one valve, same as the up/down.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information