. .
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Can you post a few pics of the mill in position. Nice idea with the castors. Will do the same to mine I think . What kind of rapid feedrates are you getting on the machine?

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    Can you post a few pics of the mill in position. Nice idea with the castors. Will do the same to mine I think . What kind of rapid feedrates are you getting on the machine?
    Ill take some pics of the wheels this weekend.

Feedrates, about 2000mm/min at max before I see PID issues but I dont believe ive tuned the new motors properly. I need a laptop with a serial connector for the software and 2 attempts to use either a USB cable or PCI to Serial connector havent worked.

That said, 2000 is plenty for most operations. I need more spindle rpm / power now ideally as most of my stuff is Alu.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ill take some pics of the wheels this weekend.

Feedrates, about 2000mm/min at max before I see PID issues but I dont believe ive tuned the new motors properly. I need a laptop with a serial connector for the software and 2 attempts to use either a USB cable or PCI to Serial connector havent worked.

That said, 2000 is plenty for most operations. I need more spindle rpm / power now ideally as most of my stuff is Alu.

If you could post some pics of the mill too that would be great.

The 10000rpm spindle on the new Tormach 440 would be really nice on the Denford. I have emailed Tormach to see if it is possible to get one as I would like to fit to my Triac.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    Can you post some pics of the ATC parts. I have a (I think) similiar machine with Pickup ATC and know what you need for this part. IIRC aou want to buy 110V solenoids for the pneumatic harness. I would better use only 24V, you can them
    connect directly to the PLC output (if the amperage of the Output is enough)
    Sorry, are you looking for info or advising me?

I can post pics on the weekend, anything specific you need? There is also a drawing on the Denford main forum that shows how the bits fit together.

Some here:-

http://www.denfordata.com/pdfs/triac..._600dpi_hq.pdf

and

http://www.denfordata.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=47

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    Can you post a few pics of the mill in position. Nice idea with the castors. Will do the same to mine I think . What kind of rapid feedrates are you getting on the machine?
    Some pics below. A bit rushed this weekend, let me know if you want pics of anything specific.

Thanks

any update on your build did you finish the atc conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by xiteamxi View Post
    any update on your build did you finish the atc conversion?
    Hi,

Yes, its fully working with Mach3. Id like to redo some of the wiring but its working as needed. Ive since installed an AC Servo spindle as the DC motor wasnt working well.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Any details on the servo conversion?

I've currently got mine in bits, and am currently working on the finer details of how the servo is going to fit.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Any details on the servo conversion?

I've currently got mine in bits, and am currently working on the finer details of how the servo is going to fit.
    Ye, Ill share some stuff when I get home. I had to do a fair bit of test fitting due to the constraints of the physical space. I am using a 1.5KW Panasonic servo.

So you have upgraded the spindle to a Panasonic one? How does it work with atc?

I'm gagging to upgrade my spindle, I've got money just no options

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information