. .
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Fun fun fun ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18941055806_ce34bc495a_b.jpg 
Views:	915 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	15598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18941060406_7edfdfc95d_b.jpg 
Views:	876 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	15599  

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Looks like you're making reasonable progress.
    One thing I meant to mention in my last post, is are you sure the coolant pump will run on single phase? Just because it's marked to work on 240V, it will most likely be for 3 phase 240V.
    AC induction motors that run from single phase require a start or run capacitor, whereas 3 phase don't, as well as having different internal coil wiring, so it's highly unlikely the same motor will run from both 3 phase and single phase.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Looks like you're making reasonable progress.
    One thing I meant to mention in my last post, is are you sure the coolant pump will run on single phase? Just because it's marked to work on 240V, it will most likely be for 3 phase 240V.
    AC induction motors that run from single phase require a start or run capacitor, whereas 3 phase don't, as well as having different internal coil wiring, so it's highly unlikely the same motor will run from both 3 phase and single phase.
    Oh, not sure actually. Will leave it for now, will try it later and see. Else a small VFD might be required.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    For the coolant pump you will need to reset the connections in the motor input to delta and run it from a single phase 240v to 3 phase 220v inverter, as it will be set to star to run of 3 phase 380 - 415v atm.

The spindle drive has a connector block 1-7, 1 is the 10v supply you can leave this alone, 2 (min) is common for the 0-10v input, 3 (i/p) is the 0-10v input to control the speed. So pins 2 and 3 are the 0-10v input for the sprint board.

PS. these connections have a high voltage present on them so do not touch them, or use a grounded 0-10v signal as this will damage the sprint board. You must use a dc isolated 0-10v signal to run this drive.

Connections 5 and 7 are the run command and need to be connected together to run the drive, this is done by energising the SGR (spindle go relay). All other connections can be left alone.
    Last edited by i2i; 20-06-2015 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    For the coolant pump you will need to reset the connections in the motor input to delta and run it from a single phase 240v to 3 phase 220v inverter, as it will be set to star to run of 3 phase 380 - 415v atm.

The spindle drive has a connector block 1-7, 1 is the 10v supply you can leave this alone, 2 (min) is common for the 0-10v input, 3 (i/p) is the 0-10v input to control the speed. So pins 2 and 3 are the 0-10v input for the sprint board.

PS. these connections have a high voltage present on them so do not touch them, or use a grounded 0-10v signal as this will damage the sprint board. You must use a dc isolated 0-10v signal to run this drive.

Connections 5 and 7 are the run command and need to be connected together to run the drive, this is done by energising the SGR (spindle go relay). All other connections can be left alone.
    Thanks. How do I do this isolation?

The CS Labs mentions this, is this the same thing?

"Another important assumption was simplicity of installation. CSMIO/IP-A does not require any external electronics for proper operation. Inputs/outputs signals are inside optically isolated, filtered, protected against short circuit, overheating etc. Of course, all I/O signals are adjusted to industry standard 24V. The device is enclosed in a compact cover, mounted on a DIN-rail, what makes that mechanical and electronic installation in a control cabinet takes less time and is even simpler. "

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks. How do I do this isolation?

The CS Labs mentions this, is this the same thing?

"Another important assumption was simplicity of installation. CSMIO/IP-A does not require any external electronics for proper operation. Inputs/outputs signals are inside optically isolated, filtered, protected against short circuit, overheating etc. Of course, all I/O signals are adjusted to industry standard 24V. The device is enclosed in a compact cover, mounted on a DIN-rail, what makes that mechanical and electronic installation in a control cabinet takes less time and is even simpler. "
    Mmmm, that's for the signals, not power, is it?

Are the connections not 4 and 5 for enable? I can see relay SFR and GR there needed to enable. Connection 7 on mine looks like one of the tacho connections.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Are the connections not 4 and 5 for enable? I can see relay SFR and GR there needed to enable. Connection 7 on mine looks like one of the tacho connections.
    Either way can be used, 4 and 5 or 5 and 7 depends on the application. When the tacho option is used 6 and 7 are used for this and 4 and 5 are used for the spindle run, if yours is wired that way use 4 and 5. The guard relay will be in the circuit to limit the operation of the spindle if the cover is up, but the sgr would still be the relay that connects 4 and 5 on the sprint board.

PS. sfr may have replaced sgr.....edit...... Looking at the other photos sfr has replaced sgr, and common practice with denford machines is to control the relay on the ground side. To the left of the sfr is the srr, this reverses the spindle by changing the polarity to the motor.
    Last edited by i2i; 20-06-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Either way can be used, 4 and 5 or 5 and 7 depends on the application. When the tacho option is used 6 and 7 are used for this and 4 and 5 are used for the spindle run, if yours is wired that way use 4 and 5. The guard relay will be in the circuit to limit the operation of the spindle if the cover is up, but the sgr would still be the relay that connects 4 and 5 on the sprint board.

PS. sfr may have replaced sgr.....edit...... Looking at the other photos sfr has replaced sgr, and common practice with denford machines is to control the relay on the ground side. To the left of the sfr is the srr, this reverses the spindle by changing the polarity to the motor.
    Thanks.

A bit stuck at the moment. Have wired in the Y encoder but a bit of confusion about whats needed next. I know I need 0V and 10V Ref but a bit confusing as I also have an enable option. Going to power up now and see if I can get something moving, still need to config the CS Labs and install Mach, so still a bit to go yet I think before I can get anything moving.

I managed to get 110V, need to see whats holding out the main contactor now, must be an E stop or similar.

Thanks.A bit stuck at the moment. Have wired in the Y encoder but a bit of confusion about whats needed next. I know I need 0V and 10V Ref but a bit confusing as I also have an enable option.
    Connect the enable on drive to an output on IP-A and set the Enable 1-6 Output in Mach3 to port10 pin(which ever used). You can connect all drives to same pin to save outputs if you like.!
    This will enable the drives when Mach is Reset and disable when Mach isn't.

If you want an extra layer of safety then run this signal thru your E-stop relay. So Enable can only happen if E-stop not pressed. This way the Axis won't be enabled even of Mach is reset( Which it shouldn't if E-stop is done correctly)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-06-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information