. .

Thread: Hi

Hi all,

Just joined this site today as i am looking for some knowledgeable people in here as i am needing help in deciding what cnc lathe and miller to buy as i am looking at setting up on my own.

Have been a time served toolmaker now for the past 20yrs and have worked on a number of manufacturer machines over this time.

Now i am looking at starting up on my own, i am weary about spending 5-10k on a used machine and having any breakdowns and the cost being more than the machine could be worth.

I use a XYZ prototrak sl425 and a semco cnc 3 axis miller with an anilam system at where i work at present, both systems and machines are great to work with and very user friendly.

Now we brought the xyz lathe 12mths ago for a nice price of £38,000 but i can not afford this kind of money and yes i would love to buy new but don't have the funds.

what cnc lathe/milling machine is worth buying for the right money??? my budget is 10-15k max and don't want to buy a nail so to speak. What would you guy's recommend and what should i look out for mainly on any issues etc....

Thanks in advance

If you could let us know what capacity you require someone might be able to give you better advice.
    Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    If you could let us know what capacity you require someone might be able to give you better advice.
    Regards
    Mike
    Lathe= horizontal cnc 8" swing is more than enough for what i need, would ideally like a multi tool holder but budget is obviously shy.

Miller= vertical cnc x=500mm X y=300mm travel.

Have used a lot of manual machines in my time, but my knowledge on cnc's is very lame as i have only been using a semco and xyz machines.

Any help or advice would be great please guys....what manufacturer is worth getting with a £15 grand budget??

Thanks

Thread Information