. .

Thread: Machine shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hello
    I am a new ish member and I thought I should introduce my self, I own a machine shop just me at the moment I
    have a DSG 13 x 30 manual lathe, Hitachi Seiki VMC 40II 30 ATC, bead blasting, mig welder and arc welder, we have work coming
    in drips and drabs, anybody got any good ideas for things to manufacture, you can see some projects at www.jamakentgineeringltd.com
    I do this on my days off not doing this full time yet not enough work, any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Jon

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Jon
    Your link doesn't work for me ?
    Regards
    Mike

Linik should be http://jamakengineeringltd.com/ was an errant "t" in the URL...
    Neil...

Build log...here

4. Hi
    Sorry about that, should be http://jamakengineeringltd.com/ as the good man above says.

HI,
    welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAK View Post
    Hi
    Sorry about that, should be http://jamakengineeringltd.com/ as the good man above says.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...is-not-working

Yours is the case where its on the server side the problem, cause shows same ip for both, so its not a DNS issue. Basically a configuration issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAK;70324[COLOR=#333333
    anybody got any good ideas for things to manufacture[/COLOR]
    I have a ton of ideas. Not sharing them freely around though. It seems having ideas is the most difficult thing these days.

So what is what you aim for? Partnership,just making parts,sponsoring a project, making a product, etc...?

Why are you referring to yourself as "we", i mean at the web site. May be you would be most trustworthy if you say I, so people will know they will get personal attention, not just some employee in a company.

I am sometimes "we" , but when i speak with people i say "I", so people know who exactly they are dealing with.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    I am sometimes "we" , but when i speak with people i say "I", so people know who exactly they are dealing with.
    Do you some times say "My Precious" as well.!!!. . . Gollum gollum. . .

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    It seems having ideas is the most difficult thing these days.
    Always has been, hasn't it..?

I tend to visit sites like tumblr and pinterest (search "DIY CNC") for a bit of inspiration - you can spend hours scrolling through a feed of custom made odds and sods, some of it really quite beautiful and considered. That normally gets the creative part of my mind ticking...

Welcome to the forum.

Wal.
    Last edited by Wal; 23-06-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo

Hi, welcome to the forum. Some years ago I used to buy silicone mould rubbers from a firm called JAMAK. As it is an unusual name I wondered if there is a connection? I think that firm was a husband and wife set up, which could easily explain the "we". Anyway as has already been stated sometimes having the ideas is the difficult part!!! Good luck with whatever you try. G.

9. Thanks everyone for your good wishes, it is a husband and wife set up at the moment but who knows what lies ahead in life, it was not us who did those silicon parts for you , but we have been going since 2007 on and off and we have gone in the CNC side now, this seems a really good forum.

You need to setup "www" as a "CNAME" record in your DNS manager, can't think why your current DNS provider doesn't just have this setup as a standard template for new accounts as it's one of the standards really.

EDIT:

I've attached a screen shot for you of the mycncuk.com domain DNS settings for clarity, I say above "You need" but there isn't a requirement to have a record setup for "www." but given how common it is to have one, I always do/would.

You don't have to tell people it's there but having it there is free and is a nice catch for those that still type www. in a browser.

.Me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acnames.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	15619  
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 24-06-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    .Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information